JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone will not download incoming pictures to Google text app.

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 04:56 PM)
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello! Is anyone else having an issue with downloading incoming pics on text using the Google text app? I had to go back to my cellphone provider where I purchased and activated my phone. The sales associate said that it was a possible glitch because it is a new phone with the most recent update and that all Android phones will have this problem with Google text if they get this update. The only way it resolves was to use the Samsung text app. Idk, that doesn't make any sense to me. Can anyone speak to this or my issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I just un-installed the app and reinstalled it...it now works...duh on my part

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you have the auto download mms enabled? Just curious cause i havent had any issues like this1707440870108.jpg
0 Likes
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for your response and suggestion. Will check again. The associate claims he tried everything before figuring out that I have to use the Samsung app.
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Not sure what he did or did not do but Google Messsages so long as everything is enabled should download the pictures just fine. Especially considering that Samsung Messsages is obsolete essentially and the default app is Google Messages (as its the only one carriers, etc will allow for RCS (encrypted messaging)
0 Likes
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I know right?! I just can't figure it out. So frustrated that I took it back for a resolution and just a bunch of BS
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah it's on šŸ¤”
0 Likes
Solution
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I just un-installed the app and reinstalled it...it now works...duh on my part
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, good. I was going to say if all the RCS and everything is on and the limit for downloading over mobile data is at its highest. It should work. Altho you could have tried to just clear the app data for Google messages and reopened also... for future reference. So glad you got it working though.
AngPascale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your input. I truly appreciate the support!!!
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Not a problem!
0 Likes