Original topic:

Pictures don't delete

(Topic created: a week ago)
Members_ChmCcnW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

When I move a picture from my gallery to an album it keeps it in the gallery and the album. If I delete the one in the gallery it deletes from the album too. I want to move photos to albums as to keep my gallery clean.

6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

When you move it from My Gallery to a album it will remain in the My Gallery since that is a collection of all Photos on your device including pictures in albums so if you delete it it will also delete if from your album you created 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Members_ChmCcnW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I want it to delete it from the gallery when I move it to a folder. My husband's android does this why does mine not?

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You only think it does because he probably has his gallery app set to open to album view. All pictures remain in your gallery, regardless of how many albums you make. If you have your gallery view set to all photos, you will see every single photo stored on your phone. If you only want to see them in albums, then set your view to album view.
0 Likes
Members_ChmCcnW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

How do you set that up on the galaxy S24+?

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Open the gallery app. At the bottom of the screen ate view options: pictures, Albums, stories. Choose the view you want at any given time. The gallery will close and open to the last view you used. You can even set it to show only certain albums in album view although you will always be able to see all slbums.
0 Likes
SamU23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Archive
0 Likes