Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Please add Russian language pack 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Sammy is taking their sweet a$$ time adding the additional languages that they promised. 🙄
Bredly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought this phone for a lot of money. why can't I use it? This is a huge discomfort for me. who can I write to? or where to complain? What kind of linguistic discrimination is this? I really wanted this phone. and now I can't use it. Why do European models have a Russian language pack, but the American one does not? add please.
Sergei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I agree with the users. I also bought a phone, but there is no Russian language. Most likely I will be forced to return it. Because this is truly linguistic discrimination. Maybe we can unite and sue. America is still a multinational country.

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Once again, it's highly unlikely that Russian will be supported as a language on the S23 and S24, now or in the future. However, it IS supported on the Wi-Fi variants of the Tab S8 and S9. See the pictures in this thread for more info.
0 Likes
Bredly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It doesn’t matter to me which devices support the Russian language, it’s important to me that the smartphone I bought for $1300 supports the Russian language, just like its European or Indian or Asian version. Why is there support for the Russian language there, but not in the American version? it's not fair. I paid a lot of money, but I can't use my phone comfortably. It’s better to tell me, not models of tablets and smartphones, with support for the Russian language, but where can I go with a question regarding adding the Russian language to the Samsung galaxy s24 ultra. This information will only be useful if you know it.
0 Likes
Bredly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It doesn’t matter to me which devices support the Russian language, it’s important to me that the smartphone I bought for $1300 supports the Russian language, just like its European or Indian or Asian version. Why is there support for the Russian language there, but not in the American version? it's not fair. I paid a lot of money, but I can't use my phone comfortably. It’s better to tell me, not models of tablets and smartphones, with support for the Russian language, but where can I go with a question regarding adding the Russian language to the Samsung galaxy s24 ultra. This information will only be useful if you know it.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Bredly, I'm so sorry. Given that the last time that newer languages were added to US variants was in 2017, Russian will never be supported on the US Galaxy phones (S23, S24, and Z Flip/Fold 5) and cellular versions of the Tab S9+. Once again, your best bet is to get a Wi-Fi variant of the Tab S9. I reached out to Samsung and Best Buy through the retail store demo and found that they DO support Russian on the Tab S9.

GALAXY BOOKS
All Wi-Fi-only variants of Galaxy Books sold in the US do support Russian. However, as with their Android counterparts, Russian will not be supported on the 4G LTE/5G variants of Galaxy Books ("This language will not work on your device").

Do you see what I mean?
0 Likes
Bredly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
is this an official statement? Are you an official representative of Samsung Corporation in America? or is this your assumption and personal reasoning?
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I am NOT an official representative, but here's what I found.

When I bought my first Samsung phone back in 2011 (the Samsung Focus with Windows Phone 7), it did not support the language that I wanted. Allow me to explain the situation.

CELLULAR DEVICES
Because there were no unlocked variants until 2016, each carrier model supported a different set of languages. Since 2017, all variants (U and U1) support the same set of languages.
1. German: 2010 (GSM), 2016 (U1), 2017 (All)
2. English: 2010
3. Spanish: 2010
4. French: 2010 (GSM), 2016 (U1), 2017 (All)
5. Italian: 2010 (GSM), 2016 (U1), 2017 (All)
6. Portuguese: 2016 (CDMA), 2017 (All)
7. Vietnamese: 2012 (CDMA), 2016 (U1), 2017 (All)
8. Korean: 2010
9. Chinese (Simplified, China): 2015 (All)
10. Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan): 2012 (CDMA), 2014 (All)
11. Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong): 2015 (All)
12. Japanese: 2015 (CDMA), 2016 (U1), 2017 (All)

WI-FI VARIANTS
Wi-Fi-only variants have a more extensive list of languages. Note that the Galaxy Player was considered the Wi-Fi only device before the Galaxy Tabs came out. Up until 2017, each CSC code has a different set of language packs. Now, most of the languages are supported nearly everywhere, but Lao, Burmese, and Khmer are only for the APAC region (XSP). Let's focus on the US region (XAR/XAA).

TOUCHWIZ 3.0
Those languages that came with the 2010 Galaxy Players were:
1. German (Germany)
2. English (US)
3. Spanish (Spain)
4. French (France)
5. Italian
6. Korean

TOUCHWIZ 4.0
With the launch of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in 2011, those newer languages were added:
1. Indonesian
2. Catalan
3. Czech
4. Danish
5. English (UK)
6. Spanish (US)
7. Croatian
8. Latvian
9. Lithuanian
10. Hungarian
11. Dutch (Belgium)
12. Dutch (Netherlands)
13. Norwegian Bokmål
14. Polish
15. Portuguese (Brazil)
16. Portuguese (Portugal)
17. Romanian
18. Slovak
19. Slovenian
20. Finnish
21. Swedish
22. Vietnamese
23. Turkish
24. Greek
25. Bulgarian
26. Russian
27. Serbian (Cyrillic)
28. Ukrainian
29. Thai
30. Chinese (Simplified)
31. Chinese (Traditional)
32. Japanese

TOUCHWIZ NATURE UX
With the Galaxy Tab 2 in 2012, the number of languages increased again from 38 to 68 (note that Serbian (Cyrillic) was removed until One UI 6).
1. Azerbaijani
2. Malay
3. German (Austria)
4. German (Switzerland)
5. Estonian
6. English (Australia)
7. English (Canada)
8. English (Ireland)
9. English (New Zealand)
10. English (Philippines)
11. English (South Africa)
12. Basque
13. French (Belgium)
14. French (Canada)
15. French (Switzerland)
16. Irish
17. Galician
18. Icelandic
19. Uzbek
20. Serbian (Latin)
21. Kazakh
22. Macedonian
23. Georgian
24. Armenian
25. Hebrew
26. Urdu
27. Arabic (Israel)
28. Arabic (UAE)
29. Persian
30. Chinese (Hong Kong)
31. Chinese (Singapore)

TOUCHWIZ 5.0
The Tab S2 added support for the following languages, bringing the count to 74.
1. Filipino
2. Hindi
3. Bangla (India)
4. Punjabi
5. Gujarati
6. Tamil

SE UX 7
The Tab S3 unlocked the rest of the languages. Arabic (Israel) and Chinese (Singapore) was no longer supported since then. The count at that time was 89.
1. Bosnian
2. Polish (Silesian)
3. Albanian
4. Turkmen
5. Belarusian
6. Kyrgyz
7. Mongolian
8. Tajik
9. Nepali
10. Marathi
11. Assamese
12. Bangla (Bangladesh)
13. Odia
14. Telugu
15. Kannada
16. Malayalam
17. Sinhala

ONE UI 4
Surprisingly, one more language was added, bringing the count to 90.
1. English (India)

ONE UI 6
A language was brought back by popular request, with the current count at 91.
1. Serbian (Cyrillic)

Before you purchase a Galaxy device, you should verify that the device contains the language packs you need. Check with your mobile operator or local retailer for available options.
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately, I ran out of space, so I had to split this post up. Once again, it is highly unlikely that Russian will be supported as a language on the Galaxy S23/S24, Z5, and cellular variants of the Tab S9+. The ONLY official method is to get a Wi-Fi only variant of the Tab S9 (the base model should suffice).

CONCLUSION
Although there was no official written statement about the supported languages, we found out about them when looking at the retail units at the Best Buy and Samsung Experience Stores and diving deeper into the Language settings. This is also confirmed in the CSC.

WI-FI VARIANTS
• XAR: United States (this CSC)
• XAC: Canada
• MXO: Mexico
• ZTO: Brazil
• ZBR: Latin America
• EUX: European Union
• EUY: EEA
• SER: Russia
• SEK: Ukraine
• CAU: Caucasus
• ILO: Israel
• TUR: Turkey
• XSG: Middle East and Africa
• INS: India
• XSP: Asia Pacific and Oceania
• KOO: South Korea
• BRI: Taiwan
• TGY: Hong Kong
• XJP: Japan

CELLULAR VARIANTS
To save space, we only list CSCs relating to known carriers.
• XAA: Unbranded
• XAR: Open
• ATT: AT&T
• ACG: C Spire
• AIO: Cricket
• TMK: Metro by T-Mobile
• CHA: Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
• TMB: T-Mobile USA
• USC: US Cellular
• VZW: Verizon
• CCT: Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
And more...