JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Continuious electric shock from sides of phone!

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 06:44 PM)
Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a new Samsung ultra 24 just upgraded from a 8+. I cannot hold the phone for long cause you can feel a low voltage electric continuos shock after a bit it hurts your fingers palm of your hand up into the forearm. Trading phone in is pointless cause I know I would be facing the same issue. 3 of my friends just got theirs and same thing is happening, I confronted two people off the street same issue. So is Samsung gonna fix this quickly or do we have to wait for a class action lawsuit?????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, Yenul and other community members! I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve experienced this with our device. This is not normal behavior, and would more than likely require service. I recommend discontinuing use of the device until you have proper diagnostics performed. Anyone who has experienced this should contact Samsung directly and speak with our specialized team.

You can reach out specialized team by calling 1-800-726-7864 or you can reach out to one of our moderators privately with your contact information, and further details, we would be happy to set up a call back with this team.

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 Replies
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Is it only when charging or always? My s21 ultra does this but only while charging and without a case. From what I've heard this is pretty normal for all metal on phones while charging. I have many samsung phones and even tablets that do feel a small electric buzz on the metal parts when charging.

0 Likes
Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Its always even now sitting in my left hand as i type with my right its shooting thru my palm causing pain in my left forearm, i have to becareful with my right index finger as to not touch the right side of phone and when I do touch it shocks non stop and when I pull away its so **bleep** itchy!

0 Likes
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Very odd, it might be worth going to the store display models and see if it's happening to those as well or if it's just your unit and maybe try exchanging it
0 Likes
Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried that and the people at verizon stores had been made worthless theres no point in returning ill just get another phone with same issue, again 3 of my friends have the same thing going on and i literaly walked up to 2 people on the street they have the same thing going on! Samsung either has a design flaw or they rushed things in roll out!

Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I was told at the store to call tech support and they would contact samsung, mind you the verizon reps at the store do not do this there basically cashiers!

Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep at&t store is the same. I wanted to return my s24U and they didn't want to do anything and they said do the return online or else they would charge me $50 restocking fee because they didn't want to fill out a form in store about the display being defective lol
0 Likes
Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Omg, back in the day if I was that incompetant or didnt help a customer, even the slightess screw up I was written up, suspended , even fired now you can do what you want and just kick back say or do what you want and collect a paycheck!!!!

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Someone needs to connect your phones to a volt meter to measure for the presence of any voltage on the frame, which makes no sense, there's no source of such voltage, capable of generating shocks, in a smartphone.
Yenul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Well its happening, I showed the people at the Verizon store, 3 people came up to hold my phone including the manager to see and they all felt it. Sooooo.....yeah doesnt make sense but its happening! Thought about a voltage meter im going to grab mine and see!