Original topic:

Please recommend a MagSafe FAST wireless CAR charger compatible with S24-U

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 08:26 PM)
ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello all.
Since getting my Galaxy S24 ultra, I immediately put it in a protective case with MagSafe. I ordered a magsafe car charger and when the phone is mounted it would connect & disconnect a few seconds. 
I actually watched my battery % drop while it was mounted to this charger.

I figured the issue was with the phone case, so I bought a thinner MagSafe case (different brand) for the S24 Ultra & got the same results.

Then I purchased a new MagSafe charger. This one connects & disconnects as well, but every minute or so. So the phone actual gains power, but very very slowly. 
It takes about 7-10 minutes to charge 1%

Can anyone, please, recommend a MagSafe FAST WIRELESS car charger that they are currently using with a Galaxy S24 Ultra in a MagSafe case.

Best regards.
10 Replies
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

This one is great. 

LISEN for 15W MagSafe Car Mount Charger Heat Dissipation, iPhone Wireless Car Charger Magnetic Phone Holder Mount, Automobile Car Phone Holder Vent Fit iPhone 15 Pro Plus Max 14 13 12 MagSafe Case https://a.co/d/fewccyC

ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the response Matthewstorm.

You're using this to FAST-charge a S24 ultra that's in a phone case?

I'm asking because the first one I purchased was a LISEN: https://a.co/d/iulTfdg

It came with the metal ring for me to place on the back of the phone, but I didn't use it since the case has a ring in it and it held it pretty firmly. I imagine doubling up on these rings would do more harm than good.

I did a lot of experimenting and discovered that if I disabled FAST wireless charging & just used regular wireless charging, it worked. But this doesn't help me when I have a 25 minute commute and will get less than 8% of charge. Especially while using the phone as my GPS the whole time.

LISEN did offer to substitute another model but I declined since the one I got was a newer model & it didn't do the job.

I learned that if I removed the phone from the case & held it up to the charger with my hand, it charged just ok. But in any of the 2 cases, it just keeps disconnecting every 5-10 seconds.

Hoping you can confirm that model supports FAST charging of a S24 inside a case.

Best regards.
0 Likes
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Fast charging inside case S24 Ultra. Works great. 

0 Likes
ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks! I'll give it a try.
0 Likes
ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey Matthewstorm, I just received and tried the LISEN magnetic charger you recommended, and unfortunately it isn't working for me. It's actually less effective than my current charger that disconnects every few seconds. At least with the other one, the batter percentage increases.
The LISEN charges connects then disconnects a couple times, then stops charging.

The is the second LISEN charger I'm trying & the have very strong magnets, but the just aren't charging my S24 ultra in any of the 2 protective cases that I own.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Matthewstorm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry to hear that. Could it be your phone?
0 Likes
ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Not at all. When I removed the phone from the case & hold the charger up to the back of the phone, it charges just fine. But I want my phone protected in a case.
My first LISEN charger would give me the "charger connected > disconnected" loop while the battery % dropped, so I got a different case, and got the same result.
That's when I bought my current charger, which gave me the same "charger connected > disconnected" loop with both of my phone cases, but the battery % increases. So I'll stick with it over the LISEN.
0 Likes
crogs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I use the ESR ones.
ESR Shift Wireless Car Charger... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QCPS9D4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

ESR HaloLock Mini Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8CRT11F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Vladimimirtm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same issue my s23 ultra used to work fine with a magsafe case and now I have the s24 ultra and I can make it to wireless charge on my car with any car charging vent holster my wife has the s23 ultra and she is having the same issue now I don't know if has to do anything with the update