Original topic:

Power Saving turns on randomly

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
DFranch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been having a problem where power saving mode will turn on randomly.  Sometimes it will turn on when I've still got 80% battery left.  It just did it again I have almost 40% left.  The toggle to turn it on automatically is off.  has anybody else experienced the same behavior?  Has anyone figured out how to prevent it from happening?

15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Check your "modes and routines" it could possibly be turned on there.
DFranch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope, no modes or routines are set. I don't use them.
Options
Galaxy S24
🤔
0 Likes
DFranch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I know, it's so random. I'm wondering if the setting to turn off automatic power savings resets with each monthly update, but the toggle still shows that it is off. I tried turning it on then back off to see if it turns power savings on again.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
And I'm guessing that it didn't ?? (Turn power saving back on again) after doing that. My only other thought would be to contact Samsung directly. 🫤 I know that you were likely trying to avoid that if possible (maybe) that's why you tried "here". But.. it IS a BIT odd. And random. If it isn't modes& routines or the "other" automatic turn on then..... 🤔 Hmmf. I'm at a bit of a loss. Sorry. I was hoping to help. 😒😏
0 Likes
DFranch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for trying. I hadn't thought about the modes and routines. That was a good suggestion.
0 Likes
sample_bot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
@DFranch Go to battery> power saving> 3 dots at top right> adaptive battery> turn it off.

If it helps, mark this comment as a solution.
0 Likes
DFranch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
it is already set to off, that's why it's so confusing. It should never turn on by itself. It is switching to power saver even though adaptive battery is off.
0 Likes
sample_bot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Check the performance profile in device care, make sure it's set to standard.
0 Likes