Original topic:

RCS not connecting on Google Messages

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 10:47 AM)
92redbird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey all. So I recently upgraded from the S23 to the S24 and on the S23 I used samsung messages with chat enabled and working fine. When I set up my s24 it defaulted to Google messages, which is fine, but when I enabled chat messages it shows my phone number and my carrier, which is Spectrum Mobile and the status is "Trying to verify phone number" is this a common thing since I previously used Samsung messages or am I experiencing some sort of glitch. Side note: my phone number is verified through my google account. 
21 Replies
cadencards10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
What it is doing is it is verifying the number with spectrum mobile to make sure It can work with it.
0 Likes
92redbird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I guess so because it just says "Verifying Phone number"
cadencards10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Try disabling google messages and re-enable it
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
It's just something you have to wait for. Sometimes, it can take up to two days to verify. This depends on your mobile provider as well as Google, depending on how you're connecting. I would just wait it out; it will start working. Mine took 24 hours.
0 Likes
92redbird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
It's been about a week since it's been enabled
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Interesting, I wonder what's going on. Did you try deleting the app, reinstalling it, clearing the cache, or making sure the phone number is correct? Etc.
0 Likes
92redbird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah unfortunately
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Take your phone to your carrier and let them resolve your problem.
0 Likes
Tzatziki
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am experiencing the same problem. And I am on Spectrum also.