JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No text animations in Google Messages after reset

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 01:23 PM)
ArthurKotb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I reset my S24+ today and now the Google Messages app doesn't have the animation when I tag a reply with heart, thumbs up, etc. I shows the RCS message label in the reply box. Is this something I have lost or can I turn it back on again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to wait for Google to resend the flag from their side. Their process for it os unknown. You could see it tomorrow or you could see it next month. There seems to be no rhyme and reason to it.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
After resetting the phone, it is possible that software/apps need to be updated.

0 Likes
ArthurKotb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Well, I just now tried it and it worked, replying to an iPhone and another to an S23 Ultra. Maybe it has to update? Don't know, but it's working again šŸ˜‰

0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey, so I updated Google messages a few nights ago from the Play Store, and now my emojis aren't animated anymore. But, when I tag a reply like you said, it works, and the little emoji in the corner of the message I tagged has animation. I've tried turning my phone off and on, clearing the app's cache, clearing the cache and rebooting.
They're still working when I pair my phone a S23 Ultra, to my S9+ tablet.
I do see the same update for Google messages is waiting to be updated in Play Store, but I'm not going to update.
Did you do any updating yoir Google messages recently?
0 Likes
ArthurKotb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I reset my S24+ yesterday. When it came back up and I loaded the contacts again I was able to send messages in Google Messages, but the little emoji only appeared in the bottom right corner. There was no pop up animation behind the text. I posted in the forum buy a few hours later it was working again. I don't think I made any changes to any settings. It just started working again.

Here's a setting you can check:

Settings
Accessibility
Vision Enhancements
Reduce animations - Should be Off

Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your suggestion. I just checked, and my reduce animations are currently off.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know! Maybe mine will also start working again.
Have a great rest of your day!!!
0 Likes
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to wait for Google to resend the flag from their side. Their process for it os unknown. You could see it tomorrow or you could see it next month. There seems to be no rhyme and reason to it.