Original topic:

Rendering my smart watch useless

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 03:56 PM)
user_4xty89io
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I think it is bologna that Samsung decides to make my smartwatch S3 Frontier useless since I have upgraded to the s24 Ultra. Is this how you thank your customers? Make them have to buy a new watch in order to enjoy all the functionality of a smartch watch! This decision of Samsung to render perfectly good smart watches useless after they age is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourselves. If Samsung does not fix this problem, I will quickly turn on the Samsung brand as they have turned on the consumer by effectively making older smart watches useless even though they are in good working order. I am deeply disappointed in Samsung right now.
I cannot wait to hear back from Samsung and how they plan to correct their wrong!
5 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The Gear S3 Frontier was released almost 8 years ago, and support for Tizen-based watches has effectively ended. I'd argue it's time for an upgrade.
0 Likes
user_4xty89io
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Why would I upgrade what was a perfectly good watch until I upgraded from my Note20 to the S24. The watch isn't the problem. I know they ended the support but they shouldn't force us to have to buy a new watch. My watch is still in perfect shape, well maybe a few scratches in the bezel.
Kenswlse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree I have a gear sport 3 I think works perfectly fine why should I have to buy a new watch when this one works fine there's no reason why they can't put a patch in or whatever to make it compatible with my new s24 plus I had a S10 plus which was 4 years old. They should try to put the customer first instead of profits I've been a pretty dedicated Galaxy user for the last 6 or 8 years the Loyalty should count for something
PAJE00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had my s3 watch for a long tine, works well, looks good and feels right...

Samsung,  should have a way that we can still use our watches...

There is no warning about this when people buy the new phone....

Samsung should at least give a rebate for our watches so we can buy a new one 

I'm so disappointed with samsung at the moment,  that i will buy a different watch all together and it only needs the Bluetooth to connect it to the phone 

So disappointed with samsung.... putting me off all samsung stuff 

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Eight years is like a lifetime when it comes to technology. It's amazing that Samsung plans to support and provide software updates for the S24 for seven years.
0 Likes