JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reviewing HDR10+ Videos Crash the gallery

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 04:03 PM)
Victor0069
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

After I record a video with hdr10+enabled when I try to view it. The video force closes doesn't happen on any Other setting. Has any one else experience this? 

9 Replies
RenBeingGhost
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I tested it on mine, but I couldn't recreate the issue. It works fine on my device!
0 Likes
Victor0069
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Darn hopefully a software update can fix it my work around I use a 3rd party video player works fine I use the mx player
0 Likes
Solution
Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes mine does the same… i cant be sure about the solution but it seems to be related these features somehow and what you have and dont have activated. If you mess around with them you can get it to work but it wont be taking full advantage of them like you should be able to. Also no matter what i do… i cant fast forward using the legacy viewer seekbar. If i fast forward or rewind a video to any point… it starts the video all over. Please send your error report to samsungScreenshot_20240204_183417_Gallery_1000015608_1707089657.png

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/how-to-report-error-using-samsung-members-applicat...

Victor0069
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's not a workaround my work around is better you're able to still use hdr+ just you cant play it with stock gallery only 3rd party app like mx player
0 Likes
Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes i was using it with another player as well but didnt want to constantly open up a 3rd party app to watch my videos so i turned some options off which i shouldnt have to.
0 Likes
Victor0069
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I agree I'm still able to record still at 4k 60 so it's OK I turned off hdr10+for the same reason as you.
Sevcrane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here hopefully gets resolved.

Just tried fast forwarding a video with legacy and it keeps going back to the start aswell hopefully they fix that next update

Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Did u report the issue to samsung?
0 Likes
Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
All my videos do it with or without legacy
0 Likes