Original topic:

S24+ Bluetooth audio

(Topic created: Thursday)
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
After finally getting my phonebook to download in my Jeep Uconnect now I cannot for the life of me get this audio to work. Please has anyone found a solution to this and can share. I don't use Android Auto literally despise that app. I fully regret upgrading my S22 Ultra to this brick. 
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've searched the internet and I don't think this just me. Seems like almost everyone has this issue with no solution.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I have found over the years, that many cars do not like utilizing BT audio.  But here's a thought; maybe the audio volume for BT is controlled by the phone.  Look for the BT volume slider on the phone's volume control.  That particular slider is only visible when a BT audio device is connected.  Isn't going to hurt anything to try it.

0 Likes
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not the volume for the Bluetooth. It will only connect for calls. It says only connected for calls not calls and audio. When I select to add audio in the Bluetooth control settings it immediately deselects it and won't save the audio setting.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Whatever audio app you are using, is there a setting to allow external devices to start playback?  If it does, you might want to try enabling that.  I'm just guessing here, though.  Since BT entered the automobile as a standard feature, I have been unable to use BT audio on any car, from any phone.  I just loaded my music onto the car's hard drive or plugged in a music filled flash drive.

0 Likes
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
YouTube, Spotify and Amazon Music none of them will play through the audio on Bluetooth in my vehicle. I had no issues with the S22 Ultra. It won't even let me select audio in the Bluetooth settings on the phone, it just automatically deselects the feature.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You could always try connecting your phone to the USB or auxiliary port of the car like the old days and start your app from the phone. Have you tried with Android Auto?  Since I have an older generation of the control panel in my car, I can't connect to AA via BT, but I can plug in.  AA's on-screen control panel has an icon for music.  I assume it would let you choose the music source. As stated before, I don't use this option because my music is already loaded in.

0 Likes
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There is no aux port on this phone. I haven't seen an aux port in years for Samsung phones. I guess I'll have to get a Bluetooth transmitter so that I can play music in my $60k vehicle with my $1500 phone. Hilarious.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I was speaking of the aux port on the car's control panel.  There usually is a USB port either on the side of the screen or slightly under or sometimes even near the cupholder that acts as a connector to the car's audio. Most likely acts as a charging port, as well as audio input.

0 Likes
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've tried using the USB port for audio and it won't connect that way, it will only charge the phone.
0 Likes
americanginger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I checked with Jeep and the firmware for my Uconnect is the latest version.
0 Likes