Original topic:

S24 Display Quality & AOD Missing Options

(Topic created: 01-25-2024 02:22 AM)
Locoblade
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi All

I've just got my S24+ today to upgrade my trusty but ageing S10+ having not strayed from Samsung for almost 10 years. Naturally I was hoping it would be an upgrade in all departments but although on the whole it is, there's several annoying and unexpected downgrades that are making me seriously question whether it's actually worth spending quite a bit of money to change.

Firstly, the screen although pin sharp is really washed out. Even in vivid mode the colours are dull and the blacks are significantly more grey than the S10 screen, and even look washed out when put alongside my wife's budget spec A52! I've played around with brightness and colour tone etc but I can't dial it out, and my cousin who's got an S24 Ultra said exactly the same when comparing it against the S22 it's replacing.

Then there's some bizarre features missing from OneUI 6.1, the ones I've noticed so far are specifically in the Always On Display settings.  I use AOD to display as a bedside clock,  with my S10 and also in OneUI 6.0 / Android 14 on the A52 you can rotate the AOD to landscape orientation and control the brightness, you could even do the latter from the AOD lock screen by tapping twice on the clock to access the brightness slider. In OneUI 6.1 unless I'm missing something it seems all that functionality is missing, the brightness of the AOD is linked to the main screen brightness setting which is far too bright for overnight use, and you can't set it to landscape mode which I'd prefer when on it's horizontal night stand next to the bed. Why this functionality would be omitted I have no idea, but it's really annoying! Please someone enlighten me to some hidden menu somewhere that fixes all these issues?! šŸ™‚

3,230 Replies
SuperDuperSamShine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Please stop spreading misinformation and get up-to-date with the program. That was the rumor a very very very long time ago. This is affecting all S24s yeah.
0 Likes
user2xs4oNDPze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same for me- upgraded from S21 ultra and the colours are muted and AOD options missing is a real downgrade to the user experience. 

Left feedback in the AOD app in the Galaxy Store- hopefully all the comments here will give Samsung a kick with the colour issue too.

MakeSomeSpace
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I hope so . I can't stay with s24u like that with these colors šŸ¤¦ā€:male_sign:

SkiWall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello all,

I've just taken delivery of my S24 Ultra. I'm replacing my S23 Ultra. I noticed that in the Always on Display on the S23 Ultra you can choose a clock style, have colour notifications etc. On the S24 Ultra the Clock Style menu has disappeared and there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust or choose different clock styles. 

I use the phone as my bedside clock and as I don't wear my glasses to bed, the Analog clock style is easier to read for me, but it appears I can't select this any where.

Please help 

Jodyhook
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the exact same issue, would be interested in Samsung reply. Unable to change the always on colour from Red! So annoying.

mr_mercury
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000000925.jpg

ā€ƒyou can change the colour of the clock on wallpaper settings.

CT me
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you. Been trying to find it in the usual AOD settings šŸ™„ 

0 Likes
Seana917
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This was very helpful. I got the clock, font and size I want. But the brightness is super dim and I can barely see the clock. It doesn't matter what the brightness on the phone is. Anyone know a fix for that?
BodyBuilder
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, I notice this today too, the clock style is missing in settings on S24 Ultra.

I found it on wallpapers and style options (hold in free space on main screen to open it).

David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to Edit Lock Screen. You can tap on the clock to set the type
0 Likes