Original topic:

S24 Losing connection to Google Messages for Web

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 08:33 AM)
Marshak33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 has an issue with Google Messages for Web with the Google Messages app.  

If I close the app on the phone, the connection is lost and Messages for web can't find the phone.  As soon as I open the app, it connects.  Background data is on.  I also turned power saving off and no difference.

Has anyone else had this happen?

20 Replies
xqm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I wish this had a fix, happening to me to, can't find anyway to fix it. So annoying. Samsung, please fix!!!!

userYetDpysQO1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I found this post looking for an answer to this exact issue. Same thing happening here.
cd084
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just switched from a A71 (zero problems) to the S24 and having the same issue... extremely frustrating!!

userg6ewyMYaAh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried Google Carrier Services from Google Play as suggested on another site. It seemed to work. Then I was getting an annoying notification on my S24U  that my phone is connected.  Whenever I leave the Chrome tab for Google Messages Web on my computer and then return a few minutes later, the phone beeps. It's a repetitive connection notification as I hear the beep, icon badge number appears, get a pop up message, but no real text message. I can duplicate it without fail. And I sometimes get the connection notification when I do nothing. So Google Carrier Services does not seem like its the answer.

0 Likes
jpchf1313
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue. As soon as my s24 ultra locks, google messages web shows no connection. As soon as I unlock my device, the google messages on web starts working. Is this a samsung fix or google? Thanks
user9lMjbuATXu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is happening to me as well. Very annoying - never happened with my Note 9!

kgupta23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem.  

Members_44mmg1i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem, all power setting allow background use, mobile data use allowed even when data saver is turned on, but the app seems to be going to sleep

Members_44mmg1i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I know this is probably not the appropriate thread, but Android Auto constantly crashes and I wonder if it's related, maybe an over aggressive power saving feature killing the background processes.

0 Likes