Original topic:

S24 Plus AOD

(Topic created: Monday)
Members_0sHsWis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

On every Samsung phone I've had (many) the lock screen always displayed the date time and message notifications, etc. and I always had a customized wallpaper.  When the locks screen is active the S24 also displays the wallpaper which when I'm sleeping is distracting even though I've erased the background. I have a wireless charger and use my phone as a clock at night and like to occasionally check the time but I don't need to see the wallpaper which can eventually burn the screen. These are my options and none get me to what I need. Am I missing something?

Members_0sHsWis_0-1719841821058.png

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there, I hope you are doing well.

Head over to: Settings>Lock screen and AOD>Always on Display. Here, turn off "Show lock screen wallpaper."

Alternatively, I have mine setup on the Auto option so that the wallpaper isn't visible in a dark room so I can avoid that distraction.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there, I hope you are doing well.

Head over to: Settings>Lock screen and AOD>Always on Display. Here, turn off "Show lock screen wallpaper."

Alternatively, I have mine setup on the Auto option so that the wallpaper isn't visible in a dark room so I can avoid that distraction.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
Members_0sHsWis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you. I tried that initially and my lock screen wallpaper was totally gone. I tried it again today, same result but I then restarted my phone and it's now working perfectly.

justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Is that an option on the s22 ultra? That sounds pretty cool honestly.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately due to hardware limitations, this is restricted to the Galaxy S24 line as of now.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
You can also put the phone in sleep mode, which will grey out the screen making it less glaring in the dark.