Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I got a V ivo X100 Pro and it's very much superior to Samsung S24 Ultra in every aspects including camera (with unbelievably a lot of Lightroom functions pre-installed in the stock photo editor), battery life and double speed video rendering (it's even faster than A16 as I checked in action)... It's my first Chinese phone and it made me think how much of time and nerve I lost to ask Samsung to provide a flagship class camera on their phone! 50MP photos on V ivo are much much better than s24 Ultra as well as the clarity of zoomed photos...

0 Likes
GregorSamsa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

same problem. camera is awful, the picture seems normal for a split second and than immediately turns into oversharpened overstated mess.

Abelbambam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
All S24s take horrible pictures. Shame on Samsung. After paying thousands for this phone. I missed my S22
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

If you paid over $2000 then you overpaid.  Samsung does not charge "thousands" for this device, and even the comments in this thread show how this is subjective from person to person.

0 Likes
Asheq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

its 31st of august 2024 and samsung still does  not improve the camera situation. my samsns s24 ultra is running on android 14, one UI 6.1 with 1 august security update. i wonder when will they fix this. its a shame that we brought a 1500$ phone in the time it was released, some user pre order for it yet we have to wait for a year long for the samsung update to fix things so we can finally utilize the full potential of the so called "android king" 

0 Likes
sonQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Is there some sort of fix or perhaps some suggestions for what to do? My S24 Ultra takes awful photos. I compared it to my S22 (regular) and even S21 FE, and those, in the majority of cases, take better photos than my S24 Ultra. What the **bleep** did I pay so much for? Using GCam makes them look better in most cases, but they're still far from the good quality everyone on YouTube boasts about. I bought this expecting good results after coming from a budget phone, but my God, it is truly awful when it comes to the camera. I honestly expected 6.1.1 update to fix some stuff regarding camera, but instead i've got bunch of useless AI trash.

0 Likes
Raj_P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
S24 Ultra camera is garbage. It captures worse photos and videos compared to 4 year old iPhone 12 pro max.
0 Likes
slawrence603
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My husband recently "upgraded: to an S24 (not Ultra) from a 5 year old MotoZ. He is extremely frustrated with the S24 camera and nothing we've tried is making any difference in photo quality. His photos are dark, almost grainy and the color is very dull and not at all like the subject he's photographing. He mostly takes photos of model trains. Lighting is exceptional and even with adding light sources his photos are dim at best. Is there a secret setting combo for this phone to optimize the camera? Never in a million years did we expect that his brand new, expensive phone would have a camera that is ridiculously bad. He wishes he had kept his Moto (which should tell you how frustrated he is!)

bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi! I would recommend setting the Quality optimization to "Maximum" in the camera settings and turning on scene optimizer if they aren't already on.
Also, if High Efficiency pictures feature is on, turn it off.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I have read that the camera should be getting a update soon to fix the camera problems