Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The Entire photo is blurred and colors the colors muted after the processing turned off all settings that i could for such in camera assistant (you cant totally turn off intelligent optimization) and still the same....
nbieberitz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
0 Likes
Kevinjin813
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Try to close the ultra hdr view in photos
0 Likes
Lazarus87
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I frequently used the 200mp on the Galaxy S23 Ultra to take photos because of how much detail it packed. After upgrading to the Galaxy S24 Ultra, the difference in the quality is quite noticeable. It's to the point of the S24 Ultra's 200mp not being usable. It's not packed with details like the Galaxy S23 Ultra's 200mp. It looks overly sharpened and lacks detail and color accuracy. It's terrible. I have to resort to downloading and using the Samsung Expert RAW app in order to get some decent photos with the 50mp option. Many reviewers are saying the same thing about the 50/200mp results. Samsung, please fix this issue.
MistyDL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree. My S22 Ultra took much better photos than my S24 Ultra. At this point I regret upgrading and wish I could get my old phone back.
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Totally agree with you. Thankfully I didn't trade in yet my S22ULTRA . Which takes Fantastic photos and the display colors popping. I'm returning tomorrow the S24ULTRA. Horrible camera. Display. Just not the phone to upgrade to.
HJStrawberry
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same. I have a few more days to decide but S22 ultra seems better and one of the biggest things for me is a great camera
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
The best camera ever specially selfie is the s22ultra
titolz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
With my 22 ultra I took incredible photos of the moon. and now with my 24 ultra it's **bleep**. It has 200 megapixel activated but I think it doesn't even reach 10 mpx. Some people have the same thing happen to them with the camera. Take a look pic with samsumg 24 ultra is ugly 

#samsumg #what'shapping 
Options
Galaxy S24
There was a bug on 6.0 that caused this. I'm assuming it carried over to 6.1.