Original topic:

S24 Ultra: Feedback after latest Updates

(Topic created: 07-02-2024 12:38 PM)
luke3455
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

First off I wanna preface this with the disclaimer this is not just a my unit specific issue, there are 1000's of complaints online with the same issues or even more.

This phone has been an absolute disaster since the moment it hit the Market, First of all the display (compared to previous flagship devices) is Abysmal, its dull, washed out, and doesn't get nearly as bright (with the same brightness settings as previous devices) this got a much better with the April update but still not correctly fixed and Samsung's Arrogance and refusal to acknowledge it as an actual problem did not help matters. 

with the April update I would say the phone performed as best as its ever going to but the May update destroyed this phone, since that the phone CONSTANTLY overheats even when typing a whats app message or browsing Twitter (in dark mode) for more than 5 minutes, and this is all the time, the phone gets so hot doing these simple tasks that it reduces performance and dims the screen to an unusable and unviewable condition. I had hopes that the June update would solve this but its actually made it worse along with causing battery drain. Apps are unlikely to be causing it because 90% of them are deep sleeping. 

I did a test where the phone was left completely idle for close to an hour so it was cool, i turned the screen on wrote two messages and sent a picture on whats app, and the phone began overheating and dimmed the screen and i had to leave it alone with the screen off for over 5 minutes for it to cool down enough to hold and use. 

There is a serious overheating issue with this phone that wasn't present in April but is now and ive reported it to Samsung (through Members app) and ive been dismissed yet again (after reporting other issues too) if a customer is saying they have multiple issues with their device perhaps listening to them and actually addressing their concerns is the better step forward rather than ignoring the issue completely. 

There numerous other smaller issues with the phone (which i can over look as they are not as big an issue) but the overheating NEEDs to be addressed.

Having had every single Galaxy S Flagship since the original Galaxy S I have NEVER been so disappointed in a phone from Samsung. I am convinced this can all be fixed if Samsung actually pays attention to what they are doing with their software instead of releasing half baked updates that dont fix issues actually spend time working out said issues that 1000's of customers are reporting and release a stable update to correct these problems. 

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

The overheating issues you describe are all in 3rd party applications.  Perhaps these need to be updated to correctly utilize the hardware in the S24 line.  Does the phone overheat when just using Samsung apps?

0 Likes
samueljosh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

i have also updated my phone 3 days ago but now the phone is getting hang and stop itslef.

ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Updated it to what?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

The newest version of the app, one that supports the S24 specifically.  Samsung does not program or optimize 3rd party apps, that is on the app developer.

0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So you are answering for someone else? I'm confused. You are saying something I asked someone else but I don't think you are using approved apps by Samsung for 3rd party or people wouldn't have all these problems. Funny how only a few do and I never have and I've been using Samsung for years and that's all my parents use who live at the same address I do and we get hot but I don't have the constant problem people are saying they have. Wonder what the difference is? I live in Georgia so we get triple digit temperature sometimes and my dad works outside but he doesn't use that issue. Makes you think doesn't it? If it starts to to hurt stop :stop_sign:
0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not sure how you know what they are talking about and you are wasting your time trying to tell them anything. They don't do the advice given. I know you mean well but some people are just hopeless and want pity unfortunately
0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
At first I misread your comment. Sorry. I misunderstood
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Download Good Guardians from the Galaxy store and then download the thermal guardian.  This will give you some insight into what is causing your overheating.  It is probably some background process. You can try booting into safe mode and leaving it in that mode for a bit to see if the overheating still happens.  Overheating usually happens when either the processor or the battery is being taxed and if you are not using anything other than texting, it's likely a background process.

You are calling Samsung arrogant for not fixing a problem on demand.  How do you know they are not acting on complaints?  Do you know how long it takes to replicate a problem a (relatively) small microcosm of users have and then creating a fix for it, all while making sure any fix does not cause other problems with an intricate operating system?  And, complaints on reddit and this forum don't really count.  The only feedback that counts is people putting in error reports directly with Samsung so that they know the magnitude of the problem.

ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have thermal guardian. I installed it the day I got my phone. Also a few other things. I don't have problems when my phone is overheating which is rare but I mean I'm not having the extreme issues people in here are talking about and I live in a hot state. It's not rocket science what they are doing but they act like they have no clue. Maybe they aren't acting who knows? Hehe šŸ˜Š ā˜ŗļø
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

The instant gratification generation.  They don't understand that Samsung programmers and engineers can't just snap their fingers and fix their specific problem immediately or yesterday.  Programming is an ecosystem, and sometimes fixing one problem creates other problems; and fixing a problem for some users creates different problems for other users who weren't having any problems before.  And, as I said, posting complaints in any online forum doesn't mean Samsung knows about the problem or how rampant it is -- only error reports make it known to them.