Original topic:

S24 Ultra: Feedback after latest Updates

(Topic created: 07-12-2024 03:29 AM)
luke3455
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

First off I wanna preface this with the disclaimer this is not just a my unit specific issue, there are 1000's of complaints online with the same issues or even more.

This phone has been an absolute disaster since the moment it hit the Market, First of all the display (compared to previous flagship devices) is Abysmal, its dull, washed out, and doesn't get nearly as bright (with the same brightness settings as previous devices) this got a much better with the April update but still not correctly fixed and Samsung's Arrogance and refusal to acknowledge it as an actual problem did not help matters. 

with the April update I would say the phone performed as best as its ever going to but the May update destroyed this phone, since that the phone CONSTANTLY overheats even when typing a whats app message or browsing Twitter (in dark mode) for more than 5 minutes, and this is all the time, the phone gets so hot doing these simple tasks that it reduces performance and dims the screen to an unusable and unviewable condition. I had hopes that the June update would solve this but its actually made it worse along with causing battery drain. Apps are unlikely to be causing it because 90% of them are deep sleeping. 

I did a test where the phone was left completely idle for close to an hour so it was cool, i turned the screen on wrote two messages and sent a picture on whats app, and the phone began overheating and dimmed the screen and i had to leave it alone with the screen off for over 5 minutes for it to cool down enough to hold and use. 

There is a serious overheating issue with this phone that wasn't present in April but is now and ive reported it to Samsung (through Members app) and ive been dismissed yet again (after reporting other issues too) if a customer is saying they have multiple issues with their device perhaps listening to them and actually addressing their concerns is the better step forward rather than ignoring the issue completely. 

There numerous other smaller issues with the phone (which i can over look as they are not as big an issue) but the overheating NEEDs to be addressed.

Having had every single Galaxy S Flagship since the original Galaxy S I have NEVER been so disappointed in a phone from Samsung. I am convinced this can all be fixed if Samsung actually pays attention to what they are doing with their software instead of releasing half baked updates that dont fix issues actually spend time working out said issues that 1000's of customers are reporting and release a stable update to correct these problems. 

32 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Put in an error report with Samsung. phone settings/general management/contact us

userCIeVfhzCLe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
For me it's the swipe texting. It's not even close to what I'm trying to type. And that is why I even came back. Swype was the best kb ever. I had the first through 10th note (still have my 7, and it still fully charges), but after Swype quit being supported I finally tried Apple. Two years of that and I couldn't stand it. Now it doesn't feel like I'm coming home at all. This kb is awful. Just my .02, I can't even find a cents sign.
0 Likes
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Try swiftkey keyboard. It's free and I've been using it for years. It's great
0 Likes
Jshurn53
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Sendsand message a message
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
They won't listen. Some people want to do then complain about the problems they have from their stupidity. Like putting apps on that aren't supposed to be on their phone then come in here and complain. They want pity and they don't learn that they are the problem. So it goes on unfortunately
0 Likes
0eruurue8wu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My phone doesn't show advanced intelligence
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Funny how I have this phone and I don't have these issues the people speak of. I live in a hot state and I even use it outside and I don't have any of these issues. I feel like people are for some reason trying to target the S24 Ultra as a bad phone or something and I went from the S23 Ultra to the S24 Ultra and I disagree with everything said. I've only seen it get better with every software update. I think people have 3rd part apps that is messing the phone up. Sad how almost every negative thing I hear I haven't had that experience. I don't know why people hate this phone so much. It's really sad and it shows the character of the people involved. Oh well. If you have to say all these untrue things maybe you are the cause of the problems you are experiencing
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

It's because people think everything they pay for should be customized to them and their needs.  I can almost tell which generation the users are part of.

But problems do happen with many things, and it only seems like there are a lot of complaints on here because millions of users do not have these problems, and those that do come here for help, so the complaints seem disproportionate.  I agree a lot of things are user induced -- from those messing with settings they know nothing about to deleting files they "don't recognize" to downloading third party apps or somehow disrupting the update process, etc.

ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah exactly the same thing I was thinking. You hit the nail on the head perfectly. And then when they mess things up they want to come to places like this for help lol šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚. You and a few others are a joy to see on here as you people have sense. I hope you have a great and blessed day ahead and thank you for making me smile and laugh some again. Some people are just wow. I mean of course I don't mind people who are nice facing genuine questions or issues but stuff like this I'm so over
0 Likes