Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 07:24 AM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24

Phone Settings >

Display >

Adaptive Color Tone

Screen Mode (click on it)

• Vivid
  • Natural
0 Likes
userkYxIOfupp0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This is extremally frustrating. The camera is one of the main reasons why I bought S24U. This issue is beyond any recognition. How can such an expensive device be sold with that kind of a problem???!!!

I am highly disappointed and frustrated. I can live for a while with Vivid/Standard Display issue, but not with the post-shot photo display issue. I am going to wait for the fist update and take it from there.

Does anybody know if Samsung released any statement confirming fix to this problem in the upcoming update?

userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
No, did not see that yet, and their support directed to submit Error Reports for each thing and that you'd hear back I'm 24-48hours.
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Exactly in the same boat! 50/200MP photos are very terrible! No details at all. The post processing makes everything very soft, smudged and without any details! Really Samsung? Only Ai is what makes 24 different from 23?! Or you lack the enough expertise to fix this issue?

user8O5qvIHUz8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So I work for T-Mobile and I had the s21 and when I had them side by side I noticed a huge significant difference in the display of colors and camera. My s21 was so vivid and bright, and it really sucks that I spent $1,450.00 on the S24 ultra to have these dull washed out colors on display. And I did look at the difference between vivid and natural and there is no major difference. The selfies camera is the worst. What the **bleep** is Samsung going to do about this, and are they going to put a software update because at this point I'd rather go back to an old model that has amazing bright vivid color. How many other people are complaining about this issue as well? And these type of things do matter when you spend that much money on a phone.
x_lady_hades_x
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Exactly!! I swear I'm almost tempted to go back to the 23 because of the quality across the board! The 24 is terrible and when I attempted to zoom in just a bit and take a photo from my balcony, the quality was horrible too! I NEVER had this issue with the 23. 

1000003702.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
user2EmWFAU6Do
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been using Galaxy phones ever since S6. I always loved the features, screen and camera. I decided to pre order S24 Ultra and switch from S20 and I really regret it. First thing is the screen. I just can't deal with this dull, hazy screen. I'm not willing to wait unitl software update and gamble on $1500 hoping it will get better. Next thing is the grainy video and terrible camera. Pictures have weird hue. Every photo is processed into oblivion and no matter the setting it makes no difference. It's really prominent using the 200 MP and 50 MP. It's also impossible to get anything in focus. Unless the subject is completely stationary you can't get sharp image. My S20 does exponentially better job. Front facing camera can't focus or get white balance correctly either. S24 Ultra has to be the worst, and one of the most expensive phones Samsung has ever made. 

npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Could you check the shutter speed of these pictures?
user2EmWFAU6Do
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Both are in auto mode 12 MP. S20 is 1/60 and S24U is 1/53
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm, mine can take 1/30s without any problem. But I see S24Ultra is faking by increasing screen brightness n contrast when viewing jpeg.