Original topic:

S24 Ultra Front Camera Quality on 3rd party apps

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 09:25 AM)
Tsuku
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Why is no one talking about how bad the front camera quality is outside the native camera app? The front camera quality on Instagram, snapchat, & google meet which I use daily are horrible. They are dark and grainy as if there is no lighting around me. And then I go back to the actual camera app and it looks brighter and normal like it should. I even tested my s10 and it looks just like my native camera as it should with the same lighting! Why is no one talking about this?! Is this software related and can it be fixed?! Please try it out so you see what I mean! I'm joining meeting on Google meet or just video chatting with friends on snap and insta and everyone points out just how dark and shifty grainy quality it looks like! Never had an issue with my s10 nor did anyone bring it up before I upgraded to s24 ultra! The back cameras are completely fine and normal workings at the same quality. 
8 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It is up to the developers of 3rd party apps to improve things.

Tsuku
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There's no way this is a 3rd party issue this has to be on samsung. Try it yourself so you see what I mean. It looks like if all the lighting around me is gone.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It is software related, 3rd party end.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
If it is fine in the camera app, there is nothing wrong with the camera.
S24 series is not even a month old.
Developers work at their own pace. They haven't updated algorithms for the S24 series yet.

It is software related on 3rd part apps!
Tsuku
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The issue is the back camera is completely fine and works at full quality on 3rd party apps, but the front camera is dark like if it's using a crappy low light sensor. My galaxy s10 doesn't even have this issue and it's 5 years old.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm just saying that if you don't have a problem with your selfie camera in the camera app, it has to be on their end. They are compressing video out of your selfie camera, I don't know why. It is still on their end!
0 Likes
Legobanker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I was looking through the Samsung Shop and Google play and I didn't see the traditional "samsung camera" app. It's downloaded onto our phones but you can't go out and get it. I wonder if it has incompatible with the cameras on the S24U. Curious...just my two cents.
S24 Ultra / 512 Titanium Gray
0 Likes
ghuman89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Having the same issue with my S24 Ultra. Wifey says it's so blurred out on Google Meet and no HD icon. Switched to my Pixel 8 and it's night and day difference and shows an HD icon.
0 Likes