Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 09:51 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Both photos look quite nice on my phone. The iPhone photos look a little brighter and slightly more contrasty than the Samsung photos when I look at them on my S23+.

I have seen posts by other users with similar complaints. If I remember correctly, they turned out to have defective screens on their phones that made their photos look grainy or blotchy on their phones.

I found this article which explains the problem. It's apparently affecting all dark images, not just photos taken with the phone's camera.

https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/galaxy-s24-grainy-mura-problem-reported
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't think so! You can check below screenshot I checked the photo on my Macbook M1 screen:

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 3.31.59ā€ÆPM.png

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I see the problem now. I guess I wasn't zoomed in far enough before. I hope Samsung fixes this soon in a patch. There seem to be at least a couple of things wrong with the displays and the cameras on those phones. There are going to be a lot of upset customers if these issues don't get fixed soon.
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

and this the same photo on my MS Surface Laptop 4

Screenshot 2024-03-09 153815.png

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Both photos by iPhone & Samsung side by side:

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 3.48.52ā€ÆPM.png

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

obviously Samsung needs to fix something....

0 Likes
saadsabri
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

You are talking about iPhone 15PM? My S24 Ultra is nowhere near my S23 Ultra. The photos of S24U are super grainy, not detailed and absolutely smudged in comparison to my S23U. I hope Samsung provides a fix to it soon enough. Even after the supposed patch that is to fix this, the issue still persists to the point where I can't take a single decent photo. 

alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, the one I compared with is iPhone 15 PM. 

For s23 Ultra, I got a 7 days trial only to compare it with s24U and yes, s23U is better except that it's very much overexposed compared to more natural colors on S24U.

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

and I got a 7 days trial Oppo X7 Ultra to compare it with S24U camera and I believe the only aspect it can beat Samsung is that Zoom photos have more details on Oppo while S24U makes detailed too contrasty and weird looking (and sometimes look smudged..)

0 Likes
Viralpatel007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

1000008055.jpg

ā€ƒ

Also noticed that ...I was so exited to get best phone on the shelf and especially I bought it for camera but...I haven't been able to take single photo that is not blurry. FYI I don't have Parkinsons...so why my s10 plus takes better indoor photos than s24 ultra...look at the sample ..I moved swing just a bit and it is super blurry...I got this expensive phone to take photos of my kids who generally are never still...what a garbage 

0 Likes