Original topic:

S24 Ultra Horrible Indoor Photos. Check an Example

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 05:37 PM)
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Last night I took photos of my daughter at home and the result was horrible indeed. Such an expensive flagship phone and this horrible quality is unbelievable. The photo is too noisy, unreal colors and bad details (Scene optimizer was off to get better results and I'm on latest update of February). Check it below:

20240309_090549.jpg

ā€ƒI took another photo by iPhone 15 pro max and couldn't believe how good the result was. True colors, detailed and without noise:

IMG_20240309_092242_531.jpg

ā€ƒIt's really disappointing to buy such an expensive so-called flagship and for months just do the play of report and fix to get a good camera! Whatever reason, I know it's Samsung software messing photos....

16 Replies
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Here is another photo of the horrible results:

20240309_094010.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
userlNt555CFXF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually think the Samsung photo is much better than the Apple
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Check the noise in these cropped photos. Meanwhile, the colors are true to life on iPhone compared to s24 ultra that makes everything too bright and white

24 Ultra

20240309_094010_resized.jpg

ā€ƒiPhone 15 PM

IMG_20240309_092242_531_resized.jpg

ā€ƒIf you zoom, you can see how bad S4 ultra is... šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

The worse condition is when I try to take 50mp photos Indoor with normal home lighting. Samsung processing makes it oily smudgy and without details while IP15PM gets crystal clear details in 48MP mode. I'll post samples later today. 

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Both photos look quite nice on my phone. The iPhone photos look a little brighter and slightly more contrasty than the Samsung photos when I look at them on my S23+.

I have seen posts by other users with similar complaints. If I remember correctly, they turned out to have defective screens on their phones that made their photos look grainy or blotchy on their phones.

I found this article which explains the problem. It's apparently affecting all dark images, not just photos taken with the phone's camera.

https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/galaxy-s24-grainy-mura-problem-reported
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't think so! You can check below screenshot I checked the photo on my Macbook M1 screen:

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 3.31.59ā€ÆPM.png

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I see the problem now. I guess I wasn't zoomed in far enough before. I hope Samsung fixes this soon in a patch. There seem to be at least a couple of things wrong with the displays and the cameras on those phones. There are going to be a lot of upset customers if these issues don't get fixed soon.
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

and this the same photo on my MS Surface Laptop 4

Screenshot 2024-03-09 153815.png

0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24