Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Problems with Phone Link

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 07:47 PM)
titleist380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Interested in seeing if anyone has had a similar problem.  Since I've gotten my Galaxy S24 Ultra (Unlocked), I've had weird "freezing issues".  I say weird because the phone wasn't frozen as I could access notifications, but it was unresponsive to any touch.  The only way to get it working again was to force restart (volume down, hold power).  It took me a while to debug and isolate the program causing this but alas, it turns out to be the one and only Phone Link.

If I get into this mode where things are, let's call it partially frozen, I can exit from Phone Link on my laptop and wait about 30 seconds and my phone becomes responsive again.

It's really challenging as this partially frozen state can occur multiple times an hour or sometimes not at all.  Additionally, I've cleared cache, reset the Phone Link app and thus reset the phone/laptop link, all to no avail.  Anyone else seeing this?  Seems like some kind of software issue.

20 Replies
Bird1971
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had this happen as well. It's happening about once a day now.
Rtc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing. I will likely return it if not resolved
0 Likes
DPN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same thing happened to me...

Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It took me a few tries but I got it working. Pairing with Bluetooth was what cause the most problems. What actually fixed it was restarting my computer after pairing.
0 Likes
titleist380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work for me
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have not yet run into this issue yet and use phone often. Hopefully it is a temporary issue for you.
0 Likes
video365
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Reached Samsung tech desk thru Tmobile support. They confirm the PhoneLink compatibility issue. My phone connected once and not since--4 weeks. Samsung said they thought issues would be resolved in the new OS release.
blueberryfinn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem. Phone link cannot be unlinked. It's frozen.. 

0 Likes
Kyliks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. PhoneLink cannot be even unlinked as my phone is frozen and there is no way beside the hard restart.