Original topic:

S24 Ultra Selfie Camera Freezes

(Topic created: 05-01-2024 04:42 AM)
haildestroyer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all,

I got the phone mid-April, now on a trip and thought it was a good time to start using the camera. No issues with the rear cam, but the front camera is unusable. Every single time I switch to the front cam mode, the screen freezes. Previously could make it work by switching the mode (between back and front), but today absolutely nothing helps. Could not even do a test run for the camera to find an issue because it doesn't let me snap a pic, so it's unable to complete the debugging.

Can it be a software or a hardware issue?

I will try doing a factory reset, but only next week when I'm back from the trip.

ETA: Tried resetting the camera settings, checked camera access like suggested in other threads - did not help. 

4 Replies
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to device care> diagnostic> camera
Check if camera is working fine with diagnostic.
If yes, then you probably need to factory reset the phone
0 Likes
KABS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This issue with many ppl

0 Likes
Matt-Clarkson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine is the same as this. I took it into the samsung shop in Norwich and they said my 2 options were to back up all my photos and try a hard reset or to leave my phone with them for a week (with no courtesy phone). I took it home and spent hours backing my 5000+ photos onto an external hard drive and then doing a hard reset. This fixed the issue for a while but then it came back. I am very disappointed in the s24 ultra for this reason and also very unimpressed by the lack of customer service. To pay the best part of Ā£1400 for a phone that doesn't work properly is frustrating. I have been a Samsung customer for absolutely years but will be tempted to head away from Samsung for my next phone unless this issue is resolved.

userb5eCLWzTIU
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Still no fix for this. Reset fixes but comes right back after an update or just randomly but usually returns quickly. This is messed up. I'm so annoyed I have a defective product I paid 1500 bucks
0 Likes