JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Slow charging

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 04:37 PM)
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

So I got my S24 ultra in the mail today. Finished transferring All my files from the S23 ultra to the new phone. Everything went well however, I'm having difficulty fast charging. I use the same charger and same cable on my S23 ultra and t It displays the charging superfast On the screen and usually charges Quickly. S24 Ultra connected to the same cable and charger also displays the superfast charging but is around five times slower than the S23 ultra. Is super fast charging broken on these phones? If so it's pretty unacceptable. Anyone else having issues? I'm reading similar issues from a lot of people on Reddit. Hoping that there is a fix.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
47 Replies
VashtaNerada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having this issue as well.  Yesterday, plugged it in, says it's "super fast charging."  I was using an official Samsung 65w charger with the cable that was included with the phone.  It said it would take 45 minutes to charge to full from ~40 to 50%.  An hour and a half later and it was still only at 90%. 

Same thing happened today as well.  Started at about 50%.  Said it would be charged to full in 45 minutes.  1 hour later and it's still only at 65% and it's saying 40 minutes left to full. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Knight
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but surprisingly enough, the cable included with the phone doesn't support super fast charging. You will have to purchase one that supports at least 45w. 

Mocasta
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got mine; upgraded from an S20 Ultra 5G, which charged much faster than this new s24. Also, what happened to fingerprint app lock/unlock?
Akilby24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Had my s24 (base model - exynos) for about 2 and a half weeks. Suddenly the charging is painfully slow. I don't know why because nothing has changed and it hasn't been damaged. Tried 2 separate plugs, 2 separate cables. When not in use it took me 40 mins to go from 20% to 35%. When in use my battery actually dropped while charging! And yes I've also tried restarting it, oh and no visible dust in the port. I don't want to have to return it but at the same time I can't put up with this.

jeid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Having the same issue on my s24 ultra, no fast or ultra charger works (samsung official as well) and I do sometimes see that it'll say it's charging when nothing is plugged into it to charge from. Hoping for a company statement on this or some software fix but wouldn't doubt that it might be hardware related

0 Likes
jeid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, i've bought a 45w samsung official charger and have tried charging with that, no luck, and better yet, not only does it not charge fast, it just doesn't charge. The only charger that works atm is some old charger I had for older samsung phone, because it's not fast charging, i'm guessing.

0 Likes
eLoneX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

From what I've noticed with the Samsung own 45W charger and S24 Ultra, is that up to 25% of the battery it charges with up to 45W just fine, after that for the rest of the 75% of the battery it drops down to 20-25W at most.. so a 45W vs a 25W charger only difference between them on a 0-100% charge is a few minutes at most .. which is a shame .. I do understand that the phone can overheat at a constant 45W charge.. but having a 45W charge only for the "up to" 25% of the battery is  a waste of money and advertising that this phone supports 45W chargers..

0 Likes
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
After so many responses, it is obviously an issue with the fast charging on this phone. I'm seriously thinking about returning it as I approach the return window, unless Samsung releases a firmware update to fix it. Just hoping that it's a software and not a hardware issue.