JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Slow charging

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 04:37 PM)
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

So I got my S24 ultra in the mail today. Finished transferring All my files from the S23 ultra to the new phone. Everything went well however, I'm having difficulty fast charging. I use the same charger and same cable on my S23 ultra and t It displays the charging superfast On the screen and usually charges Quickly. S24 Ultra connected to the same cable and charger also displays the superfast charging but is around five times slower than the S23 ultra. Is super fast charging broken on these phones? If so it's pretty unacceptable. Anyone else having issues? I'm reading similar issues from a lot of people on Reddit. Hoping that there is a fix.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ranman2611
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same problem here
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Really stupid. Well, this means that there's hope that they would be able to fix it through a software update.
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So I changed the battery settings on my phone to stop charging it 80%. That seems to have changed something where the phone seems to be charging faster now. Can anyone else try that?
userh3Zw0q3UAL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

yes, same for me. using this setting increases the charging speed. tis is stupid.

Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I read another post somewhere else where a user disabled and then enabled fast charging and that seemed to fix the issue. I tried this and for whatever reason it seems to have fixed the issue. My S24 Ultra was taking longer to charge than my ZFold 5 so it was definitely experiencing an issue of some kind. Just another one of those bugs that have to be worked out by us users that notice these things.
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I also tried that fix but it didn't work for me.
stevecohenfun
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's been charging for 2 hours and it's only gone up S24 Ultra
0 Likes
U22blk23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You need a 45-watt charger for super fast charging
stevecohenfun