Original topic:

S24 Ultra and Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra updates

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

What is going on this month with security updates? The Google update is a month late, the Samsung 24 update arrived after the 15th, the Tab S9 Ultra hasn't even received the Samsung update and the month is almost over. I sure hope there aren't any security issues out there!

9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The S24's get a monthly update, and the Tab S9's receive their security updates every 3 month's per the update schedule for them.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got mineamonth safer release and at first it was around the 2nd of each month. Sorry to say, but do a little more research. The June Android update has already been released and we are on the May update. It's monthly.
Android security releases are monthly. Otherwise, the phones can be hacked or compromised.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
Humm, my s24 is on June's security update. Updates are pushed to your carrier if you haven't received it yet your carrier is holding it up and not pushing it out.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the June update from Samsung but not the June Google system update. The update from Samsung came after the 15th. The update for my Tab S9 Ultra hasn't yet arrived. It is a month behind in security update. Both are sumsung's top of the line products. So why is my security at risk?
It is unacceptable. Can you imagine having products lower in their line? How long do those take? 5 months?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
Google always runs late with updates, and the tablet gets an update every 3 months not monthly
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I should have also read your ambassador status.
0 Likes
LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm so sorry. I apologize. I should have listened to you but I am stubborn until I see it myself!!! I did get a Google update this month so I'm glad to be more secure there.
Cheers.
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

When your update makes it to your device is mostly dependent on your carrier.  Google makes the security update for Android, then passes it along to Samsung, who adds whatever they need in for their OneUI shell, then they pass it along to your Carrier, who then adds what they need for their setup, and THEY then release this to you on a schedule that they and only they understand.  I have literally seen an update come in to one person in a household and not another despite both being on the same device, and same carrier.  This is not something anyone here can change or even predict.

LVSAYLES
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks
0 Likes