Original topic:

S24 Ultra "unable to play sound during a call"

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
NHMG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
On my first day with the S24U, 2 days ago, my alarm didn't ring showing "unable to play sound during a call" while I wasn't on a call. When I tried to play music the same message would appear, and on getting in to the car the car screen shows a phone call is under way.
Searching for a solution over the past couple of days, I stumbled upon a suggestion to force stop VoIP apps one by one and try playing music or sound and notifications. I force stopped FB messenger and it worked, however if someone calls me over messanger it won't ring until I open it, and at that point it puts me back where I started blocking sounds even without making a single call.
Anyone has a fix?
7 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you saying you are on a call when your alarm goes off and you are not hearing sounds during the call?  If so, that would be normal.  You cannot hear sounds, play music, etc. while you are on a call.  If you are saying that you are NOT on a call when these things happen and the phone is telling you that you are on a call and can't play the sounds, that is a different problem.

0 Likes
NHMG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This happens when I'm not on a call
0 Likes
Davemshort
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Im having the same problem! My phone randomly decides its on a call in the middle of the night and my alarms don't go off because of it, there is no call ongoing it just states it's in a call when I try change ringtone etc.

0 Likes
NHMG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
If you're using FB Messenger or any other VoIP try forc stopping them. However, this is a temp solution.
0 Likes
JohnR001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Forced stopping messenger worked for me as a workaround. But if you had messenger calls again, issue happens again. This prevents alarms from properly ringing for S24 Ultra making S24 ultra arms extremely unreliable to wake you up.

Why is this not urgently being addressed? This sounds to be a critical bug!

0 Likes
Borcher86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have contacted samsung about this. They should be aware of the bug now and the employee told me she will take the case further and repport it to her team leader. 

0 Likes
Philippe123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same prob my alam song dont work and this message (unable to play sound during call)... and am not on a call.. 

The way I find to temporary  fix this is to restart my phone.. it will work for a bit and then come back with the same prob

0 Likes