JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra thinks pen is inserted when in use

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 03:13 PM)
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Having a unique problem with my s24 ultra. When using the S pen on some parts on the screen on the lower half, the phone thinks the s pen is being inserted. After a few seconds it see it's actually not and go back to normal. All while making the normal audible sounds when the s pen is removed and inserted. Using the s pen on the top half of the screen is fine and doesn't exhibit the issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Final update, got my.phonw back from samsung and here's what they listed as the issue and fix

Problem found:
LCD-UTG CRACK - IW - LCD-UTG CRACK - IW - AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB

Solution:
REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA

It's working as intended now and spen works on lower half of the screen and phone doesn't think it's being inserted back into the phone.

View solution in context

7 Replies
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
try these and see if anything helps 1709421967095.jpg
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately tried all that even with a naked phone, still had issues
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there any chance you are using magsafe case or some kind of magnetic case? Because magnet could interfere the Spen.
0 Likes
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not using any magsafe products or magsafe compatible cases. The only case I have is from samsung. The issue is still present even without the case on.
0 Likes
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Update

samsung recommended a screen replacement and s pen replacement and that didn't fix the issue. Now I gotta call samsung support to see what they say. They previously denied a replacement under the normal warranty even with care + (they said the phone would have to be significantly damaged for care + to replace the phone)
0 Likes
Solution
Slowyata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Final update, got my.phonw back from samsung and here's what they listed as the issue and fix

Problem found:
LCD-UTG CRACK - IW - LCD-UTG CRACK - IW - AUTO POWER OFF W/BATT/TEST CAB

Solution:
REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA

It's working as intended now and spen works on lower half of the screen and phone doesn't think it's being inserted back into the phone.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Yay for you! Hope it all keeps working well for you.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4