Original topic:

S25 Ultra dimensions+more have just leaked!

(Topic created: 11 hours ago)
Options
Galaxy S24
"According to the reliable tipster Ice Universe (@UniverseIce), the Galaxy S25 Ultra's dimensions are 162.8 x 77.6 x 8.2mm. This information was made public on X (formerly Twitter) a few moments ago. If this information is correct, the Galaxy S25 Ultra will be among the thinnest flagship smartphones launched in 2025. It won't be Samsung's slimmest flagship, though, as the Galaxy S6 was just 7mm thin."

Now, here's the disappointment part ugh... Samsung, if for nothing else, change this stuff so we don't feel like we are buying the exact same phone every year, anywho, here's the disappointment:
" The tipster also revealed that Samsung will continue to use 45W fast charging for the Galaxy S25 Ultra, similar to the Galaxy S20 Ultra, which was launched in 2020. Moreover, the upcoming phone will also have the same 5,000mAh battery capacity as its predecessors. Samsung doesn't appear to be thinking about any battery hardware upgrades for next year." 

Same charging speeds AGAIN AND AGAIN. I'm fine with the 5000mah battery since Qualcomm is working magic and I'm easily getting a day plus with extremely heavy usage. It's 4:03am I got up at 8:00am yesterday so I've been off charge for almost 24 hours with the battery capped at 85% max, yet I have 20% as I type this. 
The issue is those moments you are low on battery and need to do something unexpected so you throw it on the charger and even with my 45w Sammy chargers, it still takes about an hour to get my 85%.
If Samsung uses the same FP scanner again as well, I'm absolutely NOT UPGRADING. If we get a better ultrasonic then I'll end up getting it for the snapdragon and the cameras. I get it for free anyway every year through my carrier.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Fair enough. Fast charging process creates stress on the battery. comments from a friend of mine who spent decades on battery design: Use vendor charging devices; use fast charging as necessary. Otherwise, use the normal charging process. Follow vendor instructions. Also, turn off any battery drain app. Create a Routine to activate those drain app when needed, such as Location.
Options
Galaxy S24
That's absolutely correct. Fast charging absolutely does create unnecessary stress and strain on the battery. It causes less and less electrons to pass through the separator that's in there which is what creates the electricity so in other words it is degrading the battery but with today's battery technology and how far it has advanced, 45 Watts is turtle slow even in regards to battery strain.

Obviously everybody should take care of their batteries, me, I don't Stick my phone on the 45 watt unless I'm in a rush generally it only sees the 25 watt charger and overnight it goes on a 5 volt 1 amp slowest of the slow charger as it has many hours to recharge and there's no rush.
Still though, like I said in the post if for nothing else, just so I don't feel like since 2020 I've been buying the exact same phone over and over and over again! Which if you think about it, we all have been. Yeah sure we get a better camera here a higher pixel per inch here we always get the fastest processor and the best screens arguably but nothing has fundamentally changed since 2020 with the hardware and design wise nothing has changed since 2022 with the introduction of the S22 Ultra unless you want to count the screen going from curved to flat on the S24 Ultra!
0 Likes
my3girls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Help stop hearing echoes
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you okay miss?
0 Likes