Original topic:

SUPPER SLOW TRANSFER

(Topic created: Sunday)
paleo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I find it abserb that both my old and new S24 ultra have 5g , yet to transfer data from my old phone to my new phone the transfer rate is in basic kilobytes. I can download an entire movie off the web faster than I can transfer a photo in gallery. The T Mobile clerk said 1 hour then during download it fluctuated the time required from the 1 hour to 5 hours. I find this stupid the phone knows exactly how much memory is stored, it shouldn't fluctuate. It took over 6 long hours to transfer my phones data, and as usual, I lost needed information. All my needed icons were gray saying out dated or incompatible with this shortcut. The link address are still 100% valid like Amazon yet the transfer couldn't put it in a usable icon, or make it so that the icons could be repaired and used. I have to delete them and reopen the link and save to homescreen. Waisting my time. Stupid
3 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
It's always recommended to use smartswitch with the cable connecting both phones together mine normally takes 20-30 mins to make a perfect copy of my phone

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

ImRyan
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I've used wired and wireless and I definitely recommend wired if you are doing a large transfer but I did my tablet, after I had it repaired by asurion because the screen cracked, with wireless and it worked with no problem. But wired can definitely be a better option if you have a lot of data and don't want to lose it. I know some people have issues with wireless. You are very helpful to people and you have great solutions. You are very knowledgeable about many things. I've been using Samsung for years and my family uses Samsung too. My tablet is an s7 fe
0 Likes
ImRyan
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
And to Paleo a lot of times apps are greyed out is because you didn't move them off the SD card on your old device before you moved them to the new 1. I don't think your data connection, as in 4G or 5G, has any affect on the speed smartsmitch works at. My tablet only works on Wi-Fi and I use a Hotspot but I don't have the Hotspot for smart switch. And so neither device is using data to transfer everything and I did a factory data reset on my tablet before I sent it in to be repaired. Then I moved everything back to it with smart switch and it was pretty quick. Less than 30 minutes wirelessly
0 Likes