Original topic:

Double tap to highlight word

(Topic created: Thursday)
usero7pkbscDVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there anyway to get it switched from holding on a word to highlight it, to double tapping on a word instead like every other Oem? Double tapping a SINGULAR WORD in a text should highlight it and NOT tapping and holding it.

Here is a link. How it works in chrome is how it works on iPhones pixels OnePlus Xiaomi and any other Oem. How you see it on the messaging is how it works on Samsung. 
0 Likes
11 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Sorry to say but I've never seen that feature on a Samsung Phone 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

usero7pkbscDVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've never seen it on a Samsung but pixels, iPhones and other devices have this so when coming back to these devices it would be nice to have it
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@usero7pkbscDVM Pixels use the hold on a word to highlight. Just like Samsungs. Other Android devices do the same. 

0 Likes
usero7pkbscDVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Pixels use double tap on word to highlight it, not tap and hold. Only Samsung does this.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@usero7pkbscDVM Just verified with my son who has a Pixel. The Pixel uses long press to select a word. He has a Pixel 6 Pro. 

0 Likes
usero7pkbscDVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I literally own a pixel 8 pro and OnePlus, it's double tap to highlight a singular word or hold to and dragging the arrows to highlight more or less of a message. Only Samsung has tap and hold to select a singular word.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@usero7pkbscDVM Very weird. All the Google reference material references the hold to select method. Including Pixel information. And I verified it with another Pixel owner. 

0 Likes
usero7pkbscDVM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
As someone who's used a lot of oems I can without a shadow of a down confirm Samsung is the only one to use tap and holding to highlight a SINGULAR word. Pixel, iPhone and OnePlus and other manufacturers all use double tapping a singular word to highlighting it. I posted a link in my post to a screen recording. When it goes into the chrome browser, that's how it functions on every Oem by double tapping to highlight.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
After testing, I've learned that Pixels support both methods for selecting words.
0 Likes