JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Calendar - Outlook Calendar

(Topic created: 08-22-2024 03:41 AM)
pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi friends, I had to upgrade from a Galaxy 22 Ultra to a Galaxy 24 Ultra in a rush as the SIM card failed while my Mom was in the hospital. (I tried replacing it 3 times in the ATT store and it still failed).

While I was in the store, the tech started the transfer data process but I think something got missed (?). I noticed when I tried to save a fight reservation, it wasn't showing in Outlook, but the Samsung/Google Calendar. On the 22, I was always given the option to select which calendar, but now there is no option

I have tried adding it via the "Manage Calendars +" then selected Outlook and added my outlook email address it says it is already connected with Outlook.

If it shows on the 22 why isn't it showing on the 24? I have re-synced the calendars on the 22 and and still nothing on the 22. I have seen suggestions online about adding the outlook ICS URL to the Google Calendar and then re-sync it, but wondered about that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I mainly use Outlook calendar and use the Samsung/Google Calendar for my Mom's appointments.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

OMG, you know how when you are on hold with the cable company and when they finally answer, the issue you had resolved itself while you were waiting.... well, as soon as I posted my question above, I saw the following answer posted on Microsoft's support:

If you have the Outlook mobile app already installed, you will need to enable the sync there directly instead. Open your Outlook mobile and go to the Settings page. Select your email account under 'Mail Accounts' and tap Sync Calendar. (My outlook was turned off - DOH!).

But, I do wonder, when when I save an event from another APP, like Delta, I am not prompted to choose outlook or gmail calendar to save it on -  or am I being greedy? THANK YOU and I hope the solution above helps someone else.

PS - I then "hide" the outlook calendar from being seen on the samsung/google calendar so I don't have MY appointments show on the calendar I use for my Mom's appointments.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

OMG, you know how when you are on hold with the cable company and when they finally answer, the issue you had resolved itself while you were waiting.... well, as soon as I posted my question above, I saw the following answer posted on Microsoft's support:

If you have the Outlook mobile app already installed, you will need to enable the sync there directly instead. Open your Outlook mobile and go to the Settings page. Select your email account under 'Mail Accounts' and tap Sync Calendar. (My outlook was turned off - DOH!).

But, I do wonder, when when I save an event from another APP, like Delta, I am not prompted to choose outlook or gmail calendar to save it on -  or am I being greedy? THANK YOU and I hope the solution above helps someone else.

PS - I then "hide" the outlook calendar from being seen on the samsung/google calendar so I don't have MY appointments show on the calendar I use for my Mom's appointments.

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

yep...there it is. mark this post solved. you solved your own situation. šŸ˜‚

pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Sometimes, I surprise myself šŸ™‚

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I'll keep your secret šŸ‘šŸ»

tobor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a Samsung S24 phone & the calender icon on the main phone screen has the number 28, but todays date is Sept 4th. It should show 4
Any ideas on how to change it? Thanks.
0 Likes
pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Can you check the time zone settings? You may have to toggle it off/on.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001541/

Or if you are using a unique "theme" for your icons etc, maybe the theme has a static looking date?

Good luck!!