JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra says it's fully charged but it's not at 100%

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

A quick question about charging. When charging my S24 Ultra, it says the charge is full, but when I check, it only says 96%. It's done that a few times, the last few times I've charged the phone. Subsequently, I had to plug back in to get the 100%, just wondering why it's not going to the full 100% in the first place? Could it be a one of the settings it is in at the present moment? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
skibik
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I use basic setting on my S24 and it charges to full charge. I have read, that letting it drain completely to zero and then charging it back to full will calibrate the percentage reader. Whether this is true or not I do not know. 

Adaptive just reads your sleep patterns and when you wake and turn on the phone in the morning, it charges to 80% and then finishes charging to 100% before you wake. If you turn it on before your average normal wake time it may bot be finished charging fully. But, you did say you were using basic before.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Do you have battery protection on?

0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hang on, please, will check real quick. If it's on, should that be turned off or remain on? Please let me know what you think because something like that, I like another person's advice of thoughts on a subject like that and what they might/might not do. Appreciate your help on this matter.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

you should turn it off if you want a full charge.

MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it was on and basic was checked. I put it on adaptive but please let me know if the protection should be on at all. I really believe in opinions from other people to let me know what someone else would do, it helps me make my decision. Again, very much appreciated.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I use adaptive on my S24U and it does charge up to 100%, then pretty quickly drops to 99%. With my usage, I still can get 2 days out of a charge.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, thank you sir for your input. Appreciated and very useful. Thank you very much for your input and info, it's just good to hear different opinions, thoughts, etc, to help shape your own decision. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Solution
skibik
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I use basic setting on my S24 and it charges to full charge. I have read, that letting it drain completely to zero and then charging it back to full will calibrate the percentage reader. Whether this is true or not I do not know. 

Adaptive just reads your sleep patterns and when you wake and turn on the phone in the morning, it charges to 80% and then finishes charging to 100% before you wake. If you turn it on before your average normal wake time it may bot be finished charging fully. But, you did say you were using basic before.

0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I was using basic and after talking to some people, I just changed to adaptive to that out and will let y'all know over the coming weeks, how it worked and will determine whether I want it on at all. As I stated, my basic would only get to 96% amd say it was full. So far on adaptive, it gets to 100%, and when you check, really is 100%, that's just the 1st charge. We'll see over the coming weeks if that will still hold true, if it doesn't, will switch the battery thing to off. Thanks and take good care, all.
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
That's when it was just charging up to 96% and wouldn't do any higher, that's what prompted me to ask and see whether I wanted or should change my settings to adaptive or off.
0 Likes