Original topic:

Samsung Message

(Topic created: 9 hours ago)
Carlos_Glez
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung Please don't kill your message app and put RCS option i hate to use Google Message is ugly 
19 Replies
hawaii_boy0409
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I get samsung messages? I don't see it on the Play Store?
0 Likes
Carlos_Glez
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Galaxy Store
hawaii_boy0409
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes that, haha
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung messages is dead, so you may as well get used to something else. You can change the color scheme in Google messages (from a very limited set of colors). I prefer functionality over the ability to prettify the app. If you want additional features, I would suggest you start giving feedback to Google.
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
This is miss information Samsung Messages is not dead there has been absolutely no indication from Samsung saying that they are getting rid of Samsung Messages they made Google Messages the default and stopped preloading Samsung Messages because it is confusing to people having 2 messaging apps and people not knowing that RCS Messaging is actually a carrier enabled feature and certain carriers like AT&T and TMobile for instance only allow RCS Messaging via Google Messages I have an Unlocked S24 Ultra on Spectrum/Verizon and I have RCS Messaging using Samsung Messages
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
No indication? How much more indication do you need? They are no longer supporting or maintaining it, they are removing it from phones in the updates, and will not be including it in new phone issues. Yes, for now, they are still offering it in the store for download but, when all us said and done, it will be gone. People who want to continue using it will be able to, but shouldn't expect any new features or improvements.
0 Likes
JS0850
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Another option would be another message app that is close to Samsung app messages. Unless Google starts reading our feedback, then the app can be good. Will see if they start to pay attention because I know I'm not the only one who has posted or emailed them.
Options
Galaxy S24
Google is finally unifying messaging after 10+ years of getting laughed at.
Samsung/Verizon have dropped their specific messaging apps because Google messages is the default.

You can use whatever texting app you prefer, but you won't have RCS.
0 Likes
EvilBunny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My texts have stopped coming through immediately. It can take up to 8 HOURS for a text to show up! I avoided this past update for a long Time due to this reason but I found out it installed itself. So now my texts are hit or miss and that's unacceptable! Idk **bleep** they can't just leave well enough alone!
0 Likes
Tini1122
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't use this feature. I text
But I keep getting these pop ups for it and can't make them stop. **bleep**?... this obnoxiousness ensures I will NEVER use it.
0 Likes