Original topic:

Samsung Messages App Not Working

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 03:11 PM)
RichDub
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My wife and I just upgraded yesterday from the Iphone 14 Pro. Her Samsung Messages App isn't receiving messages from me unless she messages first and then it works temporarily. Then after sometime it goes back to her not receiving my messages. It doesn't show delivered on my end either when I send them. We've tried everything and can't find a solution. Anyone know a fix? Thanks. 
Options
Galaxy S24
Just switch to Google Messages, it's a better user experience.
0 Likes
user42T49MrfAq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Go back to IPhone I've been a die hard Samsung customer and it back fired in my face. Currently looking to switching everything out from Samsung not just electronics but appliances as well. 

0 Likes
richeljohnn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

If this is happening then most problably you can lost some messages.

0 Likes
QueenL77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The Meet app isn't working. How do I fix it? If I enable it, it shuts down my messages.
0 Likes
Grnlantern79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sometimes after you send a message and you see the circle spinning you have to send one more message to have it go through I don't know why so I just send an emoji and tell anyone it happens to if you see an random emoji it's cause the message got stuck.
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@RichDub If you came from iPhone with iMessage for so many years, you have to turn off your iMessage first before you can switch to other platform because your phone number is locked in to your iMessage so you need to turn off iMessage before switching to android or they have a website on apple to switch iMessage off.

userVXTG2dSAzp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just upgraded to the 24s ultra and I find the Google message app to work so much better. I can even finally react to my family's iPhone messages lol
Lilc73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You should have went with IPhone. The S24 is a big pile of garbage. Wish I would have not bought it.
0 Likes
85notch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to turn off imessages on you iphones before you shut them down or any messages from apple will continue to go there and not your new samsung device. I was just having the same issue when i bought this s24 ultra last week.
joed1971
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Download the Google messages so much better
0 Likes