Original topic:

Samsung Messages App Not Working

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 03:11 PM)
RichDub
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My wife and I just upgraded yesterday from the Iphone 14 Pro. Her Samsung Messages App isn't receiving messages from me unless she messages first and then it works temporarily. Then after sometime it goes back to her not receiving my messages. It doesn't show delivered on my end either when I send them. We've tried everything and can't find a solution. Anyone know a fix? Thanks. 
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks, per your suggestion have switched and will see how I like Google Messages.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Google messages has the added benefit of a web interface, so if you have a computer and want to see and respond to your messages on a bigger screen, you can pair your phone.  Of course, Link to Windows pretty much does the same.  I just have not been able to figure out how to create or respond on Link to Windows, but I can see them. (LTW doesn't really work properly for me except to transfer photos).

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
you won't lose any messages
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

From other threads and replies, sounds like you need to turn something off on your iPhones in order to for messaging to work on your Android phone. If you search around a bit you should be able to find those threads. Sorry, don't have time to search for them for you just now.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Try and check to make sure she is logged out of iMessages. If you don't have an iPhone you can go their website and log out from there.
0 Likes
lollylovesyuh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried this already and didn't work
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for sharing this concern with the community. As others have said, you can try testing out other message apps and performing a power reset on your device. We were able to locate some other troubleshooting steps that may help. Check out the link below and let us know if this helps. It covers what to do if you are not receiving or sending texts.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Just switch to Google Messages, it's a better user experience.
0 Likes
user42T49MrfAq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Go back to IPhone I've been a die hard Samsung customer and it back fired in my face. Currently looking to switching everything out from Samsung not just electronics but appliances as well. 

0 Likes
richeljohnn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

If this is happening then most problably you can lost some messages.

0 Likes