Original topic:

Samsung Themes Unavailable on New Device with Same Account

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
smolpikabean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Aloha everyone! I recently switched from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra to a Samsung S24 Ultra and noticed I do not have all of my purchased and free themes synced on my new device. 

I am using the same samsung account on my new device that I was on my old device. How can I get all of the themes synced on my new device? I have tried but I do not see ALL of them. Many that I purchased are missing. 

I was told by customer support that themes purchased on each device are only supported/available on the device you purchase on. That makes ZERO sense because the ones I purchased on my new device (S24 Ultra) show up on my old device (Samsung Note 20 Ultra) so this cannot be accurate of a resolution. 

If anyone can assist or advise how to remediate this, I would be very grateful. 

Much Mahalo!!

0 Likes
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi..if you go into your themes and in the menu section, are they in the purchased items section? They should be there just waiting to be downloaded again.
0 Likes
smolpikabean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello!

No, I do not see the ones I am missing in the purchased items section available to download.

I looked up one I am missing (that I paid for on my old device), and it is available in the store but I would have to purchase it again.

I don't really understand why I am missing some, especially the ones I paid for.

I just purchased one today for example on my new device, and I can download it on my old device. So it really isn't making sense to me what's going on.

I am missing many I purchased on my new device from my old device. They are not showing up in the purchased items section for me to download.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
This means that the Theme developer has not updated them to work with newer versions of OneUi. Samsung can't control this, it's up to the developer of the theme
0 Likes
smolpikabean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Would that not mean that the theme would be unavailable for me to purchase on my new device?

I have one specific example I can use in my situation. There's a theme called "Sweet Cute Dessert." I paid for it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and it does not show up on my new Samsung S24 Ultra, despite using the same account.

I can repurchase this specific theme off the store, but it is frustrating since I know I did pay for it already.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
If I understand correctly, it would let you buy it again, but it still wouldn't work. Unless you check the update info and requirements on the theme and it says it's working with new versions.
0 Likes
smolpikabean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think that's true either. It's available to download from the themes shop and purchase. That, to me, means it must be able to be downloaded and applied to your device.

I just downloaded the trial for this theme, and it applied fine. However, I'd have to repurchase if I want to keep it on this device. This is the frustrating part as I have already bought this on my account, and it's on my old device only.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It's your choice. I'm just telling you from experience that when your paid themes disappear it usually means that they aren't compatible with your current device/OneUi version. I've experienced this many times going all the way back to my Note5 and this has always been the case
smolpikabean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I appreciate this information. It does suck a bit šŸ˜…
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You can try smart switch again to see if there is an option just to transfer over themes and wallpapers.  I know you can choose to transfer certain things, I am not sure that's one of the choices.