Original topic:

Samsung built in video editor losing quality/frames when trimming

(Topic created: 08-31-2024 09:39 AM)
userraCJFwXo6M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've noticed when I trim videos, the frame rate will drop when all of the other factors are kept the same.

This is so annoying. I trim my videos all the time to save space/keep the highlights. I never had this problem with any of the last Samsung phone. Thinking of returning the phone now. It really is a huge set back
Dimitriy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue with my Galaxy s24. Went in store they told me to wait for next update or factory reset. I did both and nothing changed!!

0 Likes
Zli Grl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It was fine until a recent update introduced some nauseating jerkiness. Even though it's still showing the correct encoding and framerates, the video trimming has become unusable. All the videos I trim now look terrible. I'm using a fully updated Galaxy A53 with Android 14 and One UI 6.1.

Zli Grl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This didn't fix the problem šŸ˜• 

Screenshot_20240831_122855_Samsung Members.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
azul7808
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Happens to me too. I am seriously so disappointed in the camera on this s24. I want my s21 back. It sucks!!
0 Likes
ongeduardo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue, I encountered this since March 2024, what a shame! I'm using Samsung Z Fold 5, SAMSUNG please fix it ASAP!!!

0 Likes
ongeduardo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Reply from Samsung Support when I reported the error:

[Settings/System]

The video drops frames when editing or trimming from Samsung default video editor. Please fix ASAP!

06/30, 09:56

Dear Customer,

We appreciate your support to Samsung Electronics products.

This is Taiwan Samsung Electronics Customer Service Center.

Product models/specifications/features/built-in software may vary depending on the region.

We have received your message regarding the usage issue you mentioned. Our customer service center has received reports from a few other users with similar situations.

We have already reported the issue to the relevant departments, and they are currently investigating and confirming the situation. Please pay attention to the release of related firmware and application software updates for your mobile phone.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

06/30, 10:42

Yellow1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

SAME! It happened in a recent update. I inspected the video file but the frame rate is supposedly the same, but it looks extremely jerky. Also it's not just trimming, it's any video edit (changing brightness, coloring, definition, etc etc) that have this effect.

A.k.a. the issue lies in the saving of a file with edits. No idea why, but (1) it NEEDS to be fixed and (2) I can't believe this issue got through unit tests.

userlpzXmrI9Mv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having same isue I'm glad my fancy new phone can't do what my 5 year old phone did what a piece
0 Likes
Teeks88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue, Samsung's latest release is a joke. It is comical how many issues there are with things like the camera, videos and scanning to pdf. Somehow, Samsung has taken 20 steps back from their latest release. Staggering.

0 Likes
FrozenLava
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How has this not been fixed yet???? There has been a few things now on my S24  Ultra that have been buggy and I am really disappointed with! Come on Samsung....

0 Likes