Original topic:

Samsung messaging wont sent pictures

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 03:21 AM)
Ops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

my s22 ultra worked fine on sending pictures with the samsung messaging app. how come it wont work now with the s24 ultra? i have to use google messaging. 

what setting can i change to use the samsung app?  tells me its to large no matter what picture i try and attach

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24

Contact your mobile carrier and open a support ticket with them. They may need to change settings on their side in order to "fully support" the S24 Ultra is my guess...

0 Likes
Ops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

not a mobile carrier issue, its a samsung programing issue. since its the app,

you can bypass the apps thinking by clicking the + and go to the images folder and it attaches converting to mms

its selective on what images you can directly attach by hitting the picture icon. 

userJGp2wjIF0A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue.  I've had my S24 Ultra for a week, and just noticed that any SMS I send with an image fails to send.

userdKTyeY1xjB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I used to be able to go to my pictures and select a bunch and then send by text. Now it only let's me send 2 at a time
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

May depend on the size of the pictures and limitations put on by your carrier.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
IanShere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is **bleep**. Just got an S22 Ultra and it won't send images AT ALL. My crumby A32 had no issues so don't try blaming the carrier. Fix your useless app!!

0 Likes
Members_QrGrjEB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Was there ever a solution to this? Got a s24. I seem to receive pictures anything mms for that matter just fine. But for me to send a messege in a groupchat or send any pics no matter how good my connection is. It will have a 50% chance of sending. Restarting phone then trying to send it again seems to increase the probability of it sending but still a huge pain. All previous Samsungs I've had never had this issue before.

0 Likes
davisl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I was able to send 8 photos at once. For some reason, now I can send just 4.  I have no idea why

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Probably due to their size.  The messaging service has a limit to the amount of data it can send.  If your 8 photos were a lower resolution than the 4 then that would be why.

0 Likes