Original topic:

Secure folder backup procedure?

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 01:27 PM)
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
 Hello all. I recently upgraded to an S24 Ultra from an S23 Ultra (which my wife is now using), and after the data transfer, I discovered that all the contents of my secure folder were gone. 
 I didn't realize beforehand that the folder wasn't automatically backed up to the Samsung cloud, and I'm hesitant to put any important data into the folder on my new phone, because I can't find any clear steps regarding how to back up the secure folder. 
 Do I need to back it up to an external ssd or is there a way to back it up to a different cloud service?
 Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
6 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello kmb1, Thank you for being part of the Community. We understand the concern with the Secure Folder backup options.

Backing up your data is no longer supported for Secure Folder, but you can still restore data from previous backups.

Data from your Samsung account can be restored to Secure Folder if needed. You can more information about using the Secure Folder here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00081123/

We hope this helps.

0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Doesn't help. I want to know how I can back it up; if I can't, it seems like a pretty useless feature to me. Nowhere in the info does it tell me how to back it up, it just says that we can't back it up any more.
0 Likes
Mack1503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I list 89% of my pictures when I smart switched and added to my secure folder. Now they show up blank.
0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you were as startled as I was when I found out all my important documents were just...GONE! What I wonder now is, just where is that data floating around at?
0 Likes
Members_m1gYlIW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I was so **bleep** off. Still am. I had to reset and lost all pictures of my fiancee who passed away a couple of months ago.  this was the straw that broke the perverbial back. I trusted samsung and had every single picture of her and us together in that useless vault. Now I will NEVER be able to look at her again. And they act like it's no big deal. Things that could never be replaced.

0 Likes
Mack1503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I wonder the same. Seems like in some instances there is no reason for a sd card. Almost pointless for these type of applications. Thats why I have learned to just keep the phones. For the simple in most cases just use Dax on the PC. Out then again doesn't always work when phone is not unlocked and has a broken screen
0 Likes