Original topic:

Slow 45 watt charging speeds on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 Ultra no longer charges at 45 watts it's more like 15 watt speed. I've tried turning fast charging off and then on again in settings and restarting my phone and it still charges slow. So I guess it's time to replace the battery. It's also getting warm on the back. I ve seen this is happening with the S23s so I'm hoping it's just a software issue with 6.1.
4 Replies
EathanO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe you just need a new charger cord or power adapter. I've used the same charger for over 3 years and noticed it was going slower. Switched it out for a new one, and everything worked fine again
LadyGray4110
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You also check to see if you have your battery set on Fast Charging mode. I had to do this on the my s24+. Go to Settings, Scroll to Battery, Scroll to Charging Settings, then move the slider to the left in Fast Charging. Hope that helps.
Options
Galaxy S24
I checked and it's already set to fast charging.
LadyGray4110
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Then try switching to a different wall outlet. If it behaves in the same manner, it could be then be your charger. If your phone is brand new or relatively new, go to settings and optimize your phone. If you're not sure where that is, just type optimize in the search icon in settings. If you have your local mobile carrier store near you, sometimes they will help...bring your charger. If that doesn't work, contact Samsung warranty department. I did last week because my phone was so hot I couldn't pick it up while attached to my car charger port. I was concerned my battery was damaged because it only charged to a peak 99% after that. They will run a test on your battery to make sure it's ok. You're still under the Samsung warranty it if you are the original purchaser and it's registered to you.
0 Likes