JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The S24 Ultra comes with a charging cable but no wall adaptor

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 11:55 PM)
user8odm4g4f3Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Im so confused. I bought the new samsung galaxy s 24 ultra and I got a C to C cable With no way to charge it. No instructions. How to charge it? Because I have no idea how to plug a c to c into anything with that cable!! What blows my mind is people call it A USB c to USB c.. Sorry, but the older cables were actually USB ON one end a C on the other end!!! The only good the cable they send with the phone and so you can plug it in from one phone to your old phone to transfer data. That is about it, so that's called a C to C!!!! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You need a usb c charger to use the provided cable you can use the links below

SAMSUNG 25W Wall Charger Power Adapter, Cable Not Included, Super Fast Charging, Compact Design, Compatible with Galaxy and USB Type C Devices, Black https://a.co/d/0imcDYx

Samsung Official 45W USB-C Super Fast Charging Wall Charger (Black) https://a.co/d/58TFCee

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

21 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You need a usb c charger to use the provided cable you can use the links below

SAMSUNG 25W Wall Charger Power Adapter, Cable Not Included, Super Fast Charging, Compact Design, Compatible with Galaxy and USB Type C Devices, Black https://a.co/d/0imcDYx

Samsung Official 45W USB-C Super Fast Charging Wall Charger (Black) https://a.co/d/58TFCee

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

user8odm4g4f3Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you, I understand that. That's not the point I was trying to make . When I purchased the phone, there was no explanation that a charger. Is not coming with it? I haven't bought a galaxy since my s9 now an s24 ultra So really makes it difficult when they send you c to c cable. I have to read about. Oh, you need a 25W or a 45w plug. So when you try to research it to find out yourself..it's So frustrating. How to imagine people are calling it USB c to USB c....
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
They've been eliminating bonus swag in - box for awhile now. When you preorder from Samsung, they give you store credit to spend on accessories. If your old phone is a c-type Samsung or Android, you can use that cable for Smart Switch.
user8odm4g4f3Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. I don't think you understand my point I had to read up about it because I haven't Upgraded since my s9 My point is when I had the research about it. People are saying USB c to USB c When the cord has no USB Connector on either end. They don't even know what a USB. Is
Options
Galaxy S24
  • "USB-C stands for Universal Serial Bus Type-C, and the "C" refers to the shape of the connector. USB-C is a small, oval-shaped connector with 24 pins that can transmit data at high speeds, transfer video signals, and power devices' batteries. It's the next iteration after Type-A and Type-B USB connectors, and is reversible so you can insert either end of the cable. USB-C ports are rated for speeds of up to 10Gbps, which is twice as fast as original USB 3.0. USB-C ports that support this peak speed are called `USB 3.2 Gen 1x2'." Why is it called USB-C? - Quora.

SweetMeatPete
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
What you are calling a "USB" is technically a "USB A" (male) connector
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
If someone has lived up to this point, they know what USB is.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
c to c is fastest anyhow. it's better than normal USB to C.

and nobody calls it "USB c to USB C" it's one or the other.

1. C to C
2. USB to C

but to be technical.. the term is "USB type C"
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Your S9 had a usb-c charging port.  You can use the adapter and the cable that came with it to charge your new S24.