Original topic:

Spotify makes a notification sound, yet notifications are disabled...

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
frgt10x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So I went into my notification history, after hearing a ding dong sound for the tenth time this week and having no notification, to discover that Spotify was the culprit. Inside Spotify settings all notifications are turned off, and within Android operating system they are all disabled. How is it still making this ding dong sound? Any advice on preventing this behavior would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
5 Replies
N0Y0U2114
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Id recommend downloading the Good lock module nice catch ( https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch) and seeing what it reports for sounds and notifications after it happens. From there I can try and help more
sussyjdjd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Sus
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Agreed, the Spotify app is very Sus!

0 Likes
frgt10x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
😂
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
In addition to makung sure all notifications are turned off, you can set notifications to silent or actually select "silent" as the notification sound. Also look for hidden notification settings within the app. You could also make your default notification sound something less annoying than ding dong snd/or change the volume level. Many options.

Do you have manage notification categories turned on? There could be a category turned on that you can't see if the categories aren't enabled.
0 Likes