Original topic:

Give us the option to TURN OFF BATTERY NOTIFICATIONS!!!

(Topic created: a week ago)
Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Why is there no option to disable battery notifications???

This is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR BUG and a HUGE HUGE ANNOYANCE.

Please, for the love of god, give us the option to disable these infernal notifications once and for all.

0 Likes
16 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Tectract What battery notifications ae you referring to? 

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't know what battery notifications you might be getting, but why would you want to turn them off?  If your battery is nagging you on something, perhaps you should pay attention.  It could be giving you a critical warning.

The only notification I ever receive from my battery is a beep when power is low.

Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I DON'T WANT LOW BATTERY NOTIFICATIONS!!!! LET US TURN THIS INFERNAL ALWAYS-UNWANTED ANNOYANCE OFF!!!

THIS IS A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR BUG IN ANDROID AND A HUGE CONSTANT ANNOYANCE!!!
THIS IS MY PHONE, LET ME CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON MY OWN PHONE!!!

THIS PHONE DOES NOT BELONG TO SAMSUNG AND THERE SHOULD BE NO SETTINGS "DISABLED". 

I WANT TO TURN OFF LOW BATTERY NOTIFICATIONS PERMANENTLY. PERMANENTLY!!! FOREVER!!!

PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Low battery warning us on every android phone. It's there to alert you that you should charge your device, or it'll cut itself off just before the battery completely dies. You can turn off the sounds and minimize notifications. I do believe you can adjust at what battery level the notification runs (don't quote me in that). But it's basically to protect the phone and its battery. The only other option is to use a device that doesn't have any device protection.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Not gonna happen, so stop shouting. Not everyone keeps their eyes always on the battery level and a tiny beep when the battery is low is quite helpful, especially if you don't want your phone to die in the middle of something. You can change your stem sound to something short and set the volume level to low, so you won't find it so disruptive to your delicate sensibilities.  settings/sound & vibration/system sound. Click and set your sound and move the slider to the volume level you want.

Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Not gonna happen, so stop shouting.

Relaud, I have reported your replies as abusive. Please stop commenting on this thread.

It's there to alert you that you should charge your device, or it'll cut itself off just before the battery completely dies.

Yeah I know what the PURPOSE of the notification is. I don't want this notification. It is not a feature it is a BUG. It is a VIRUS. PLEASE HELP ME GET SAMSUNG TO REMOVE THIS BUG / VIRUS FROM ANDROID OS. THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL LISTEN IS IF WE ALL START SHOUTING AT THEM TO ALLOW US TO TURN OFF THIS INFERNAL UNWANTED NOTIFICATION!!!

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

You, apparently, are the only one that doesn't want it.

Tectract
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Code that runs on your computer when you don't want it to run, against your will, that can't be stopped, is called a VIRUS. That's what the "low battery notification" is, a virus.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Tectract The definition for a computer virus: "a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data."

Although you may find the warning annoying if you frequently run your phone's battery low, it is not a virus.