Original topic:

Stereo incorrect while playing games

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently switched from an iPhone 11 to a Samsung S24+, and I noticed that while playing games, the audio does not follow the current orientation of the phone if the volume and power buttons is on the bottom (it works fine when they're on the top)

For example, in a game I may see something on my LEFT, but I hear it coming from the RIGHT speaker. If I see something on the RIGHT, I hear it on the LEFT

This ONLY happens while playing video games. While watching videos, the audio properly follows the current orientation of the phone.
So if I see something on the right, I hear it on the right speaker, and vice versa

My phone is up to date.

Is this just a software issue? Is there any fix to this? 
11 Replies
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
What type of speakers do you have? You may need to do a calibration in your game/for the speakers for that specific instance when you are using them for games.
0 Likes
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The speakers that came with the phone, a s24+?

In addition, there aren't any settings to calibrate the speakers in games besides volume. Also, there are barely any settings for the speakers besides Dolby Atmos, Adapt Sound, & the Equalizer.

I am sure it's a software issue because why would the sound come out correctly through videos but not in video games.

In addition, in accessibility>hearing enhancements>Left/Right sound balance, the sound come out incorrectly when the aforementioned buttons are on the bottom and the charging port is facing left.

I slide it right, sound comes from the left speaker. I slide it right, it comes from the right speaker.

Again, it works perfectly fine through videos, and no issues when using headphones regardless of the phone's current orientation.

I am sure it's a software issue with the phone's speakers
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you updated your phone to the most recent version?
0 Likes
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. It says up there in my post "My phone is up to date"
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a directional audio problem. Please list out the games that you play and I'll try to see if I can help.
0 Likes
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The games I play:

Minecraft
Roblox
World of Tanks

And sometimes I link my controller to play PS/Xbox through remote play in their respective apps (PS App & Xbox App)

Is this a problem that only I have, or does others have it too?
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Does this speaker error only happen when you are playing with PS/Xbox Remote Play or all the games listed?
0 Likes
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
All games. Pretty much everything that isn't a video ONLY when the charger port is facing left and the volume & power buttons are lying down

Otherwise no issues when the the charger is facing right, volume & power buttons on top & when the phone is on portrait (charger port facing down)

That said, I must ask again.
Is this directional audio issue something ONLY I am facing, or do others including you have it?
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This has to be a directional audio problem. Do you have Dolby Atmos enabled?
Edit: I haven't experienced this myself and when I tried to Google it, I found nothing.
0 Likes