Original topic:

Which messaging app is recommended?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Natalia009
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey everyone, I am very new to Samsung as I switched from iPhone to Galaxy s24+. I love the phone a ton. Have had a little issue with the camera quality but overall it's been an amazing phone. So refreshing coming from an iPhone.

With that being said I see that android has a ton of messaging apps and mine come with 2

1. Google Messages

2. Samsung Messages 

3. What messaging app are you using and what would you recommend. Should I try something new or should I stick with what I have. I

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally use google messages, but give both a try and see which one you like. Welcome to samsung community
Stressed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I switched from Google to Samsung because my buddies who had Samsungs were saying my messages were delayed and sometimes they get notified that I'm offline if whatever. They're very similar apps
0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I usually use Google messages since it has full RCS support in the US. This will matter later this year if any of your friends are still on iPhone since they will finally be able to use RCS. RCS is very similar to imessage where all texts and photos go over data for better experience and quality.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I use Samsung messages in my opinion it's the best
0 Likes
Takara S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I hate how plain and none customizable the google messages app is. It wont even match the font i chose for my phone. I wish samsung had the RCS feature as i much prefer the samsung app over google. However, even samsung leave a lot to be desired. I was royally spoiled by verizon's messaging app years ago and nothing has ever come close to it to date. You used to be able to download it on any phone and use it even if you werent a verizon customer, but they discontinued it and i have been on a perpetual search for something that can even come close to measuring up.  

0 Likes
Takara S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Looks like MoodSMS will work well on this phone, it was the closest i had on my last. Although i stopped using it because it was giving me constant problems and not sending messages, along with a host of other frustrations. So ill give it a second chance to see if it can redeem itself. 

0 Likes