JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Texts not being received by my SO

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 08:34 AM)
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My boyfriend and I never had problems texting back and forth, now he's not getting most if not any of my texts. We've never experienced this until after I upgraded to S24 Ultra, is anyone else having this issue?? I have AT&T and He has Mint.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I can see how this could be frustrating. The comments you've received from others are accurate. 

- First, make sure that the app you're using to text is completely up to date to the latest version. You can do this simply by visiting the play/galaxy store and checking for updates. 

- Next, You want to make sure your phone is actually completely updated. To do this check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582

-Double-check that your device is not in airplane mode, and that you don't have your phone number registered with iMessage or anything of that nature.

- From there if the symptoms are still persisting, check to see if a third-party application could be causing interference with your texting. Try putting your device into safe mode and send a text at that point. If it goes through, this very well could be the culprit. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983 

-Have your SO check with their manufacturer too to ensure that all their settings and everything are correct on their device and that they have not inadvertently added your number to a block list. Especially if he is the only device that is not receiving your text messages. 

If none of these steps work, because text messaging is a service provider feature, your next step would be to reach out to the carrier and request them to escalate the matter. They should be able to pull logs to see if texts were sent and received and what not, as well as find out if there's any types of signal issues or potential issues with your SIM card. If they are still not able to find the trouble with it, I would request they escalate it to a tier 2 department, as this service does belong to them and they would be responsible for it's operation. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

What was your previous device?  What device does the 'ol ball and chain use?  Sometimes Apple devices are locked to only get messages from iMessage which may be the case if your old device was apple, or his device is.

0 Likes
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My previous device was an S20 plus, and my BOYFRIENDS is an LG I believe?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

If he is not receiving ANY, then he may have you in his blocked caller list, this sometime happens by accident.  It is also possible that this was setup on the back end by the carrier, so you might want to check with his carrier to see if they have a blocked caller list that includes your number. 

If he receives some, but not all of your texts, I am not sure what to say, as even if his device is powered off, they should be queued to send as soon as it gets powered back on...

userQEocGpjI9M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, I have the s23+ and my mom just got her s23 ultra a few months ago and we've been having the same issue, I can't seem to find why tho! We've never had this problem before, she has to literally send screen shots of the messages she sends so I can see her replies, if you fins out please let me know! She has at&t and I have tmobile
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's crazy!! Omg, if I can figure out why, I will let you know.
0 Likes
userwFIPEUYo6e
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My problem is similar. I have had an S24 Ultra for about a month. Texts were working fine until 2 days ago. Now I receive them from all but one person, but it is a significant problem. I have received most texts a day later. Pictures come thru in about 5 minutes. I changed from Google text to Samsung text but still have the same issue. That number is not blocked. We have both restarted or phones. We have both taken each other's number out of our phone then put it back in. No change. Very frustrating.
emmzy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Goodness, yes! This is the exact issue we are having, and I'll take screenshots and for some reason the pics will go through just fine but normal texts just won't stay consistent! It's so frustrating, and he thinks it my phone but everyone else I have texted consistently who have iphones and other Androids don't have an issue receiving my texts, and my mom is experiencing the same thing with my aunt, my aunt is the only one who's not receiving my mom's texts!
0 Likes
kafunk4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having similar issues on my Galaxy S23+ since Friday. I cannot receive texts on my phone. They are coming through to my watch, but not my phone. I switched to the Google app and back to Samsung. The only time I get my texts are when I restart my phone so I'm having to restart my phone numerous times a day.
0 Likes
ArkieAnony76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My husband is about to start screaming for a divorce because of this issue. He thinks I am ignoring him all day when in fact I have texted him responses all day long and he never receives them. His phone is Straight Talk and it has been acting screwy ever since I got the S24 Ultra from AT&T. I have wasted so much time trying to fix this and customer service is a joke. Does anyone know the cause and exactly what has to be done to fix this issue?!?!
0 Likes