JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Thanks Samsung: Product Pricing

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userYEDfHXoRv6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Question is anyone else **bleep** off that Samsung is offering deep discounts on the S24 Ultra especially the people who paid full price like me, so next time , I will wait the extra 3 months, before I purchase a new phone, if everyone does that maybe Samsung will change there marketing strategy, love the phone though ☺️

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry, but this happens every year after the phones are released they drop in price a few months later

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry, but this happens every year after the phones are released they drop in price a few months later

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Products sometimes go on sale. This has been happening for literal centuries.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
No one forces you to be first out of the gate for new tech. If you have a working phone, there is no reason for you not to wait for a good deal. Why blame Samsung for discountung after your purchase? I'm sure they don't decide userbunchofletters bought a new phone, let's have a sale. By now everyone should know most manufacturers give the deepest discounts after the rush of sales to those that simply MUST be the first to own the latest gadget. It's not always best to be first
MikenSam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah wait a few months before you buy the newest version of the phone ,ect and I save even more by trading in my old device back to Samsung, they have a discount program to for first responders and ect! And i use Samsung finance low monthly payments plus 0% apr!
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Before you look at just the cost of the new device, consider the fact that when devices first come out, Samsung literally ups the amount they give you for your old device.  These deals usually don't carry over to the time of them discounting the new device a few monts later.

While I cannot guarantee that this would end in a "wash" (ending up to be the same amount) I would be remiss to not point this out.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Assuming one wants to trade in their old device - there are many reasons not to. I personally save my last device (if working) as a backup device.

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought my 512 GB S24U in mid January from my carrier for only $650 plus a trade-in, making my out of pocket cost for the $1300+ phone only around $300 or so. There's no reason whatsoever for paying anything near full price. It's a matter of patience, looking for the best offers from legitimate sellers.