Original topic:

The new S24 ultra

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 08:09 PM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The Galaxy S24 series has arrived, sporting a familiar yet subtly tweaked design now with its almost flat display. Samsung has opted for refinement over radical change, and the results are… well, mixed.

The biggest design change comes to the Ultra model, which finally ditches the curved edges for a flat display. This is a long-awaited move by many users who prefer the grip and S Pen compatibility of flat screens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

480 Replies
userksWNXWuadq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your reply, I upgraded from a s22 ultra. I agree with you on the 8.5/10. Great phone
0 Likes
Seahorse02
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I bought a 24+ mainly for the battery life & screen size but the really bad speaker quality killed it. I returned it. No adjustments would fix it.
0 Likes
userksWNXWuadq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your reply. I also noticed the bottom speaker not that good, but I have a case on mine, so not a deal breaker. I still like the phone,and the 7 yes of up dates
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm replying to the March 15th post asking about the S24+ so here's my 2 cents worth and these are only my experiences so if you disagree on anything you're entitled.
Personally, mine is the best phone I've ever had overall. Changes I don't agree with, yes but so minor in the larger picture none are deal breakers. We all get used to certain things and each of us have our preferences. If rating I have to give a 9.5 because I don't believe there will ever be a 10.
Speaker quality : Mine is great. I got a Dexnor case from Walmart with the slide camera lens cover and it has open ports for charger and speaker. Usually I prefer covered ports because I work outside in weather but I like this case and it doesn't hamper sound. Love the stereo part and volume/sound quality is way better than the previous S10 I had.
Battery life? I melt like hot butter every day over the length of time between charges because I have to keep my phone on 24/7 (I own a 24/7 Roadside Assistance company) and charge while on.
Graphics, camera and all the other individual issues people have are all better than anything else I've ever had and I've had a few.
SUMMARY: 9.5 from me and I do now like I learned in the service about changes; Adapt, Overcome, Survive.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm so happy you took my advice and was able to upgrade to the S24 in my option its one of the best phones made at the moment 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm glad I listen to you every time I have a question. I am not exaggerating when I say if it wasn't for you I would have ended up with a bad deal versus the fantastic one I have now. I did some research beforehand; I looked at your posts and comments to others and I went online and did comparisons about various phones before I ever made my choice. I found your post, answers and comments to be so succinct, on point and relevant that I trusted you as opposed to the usual distribution, chest pounding type thing that is a part of this technologically driven world. I can't thank you enough for both pre and post purchase and that IS an understatement. Be well and be safe, Gary.
Kiesha85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I currently have a Note 20 ultra & I want to upgrade. Not sure should I get the s24 plus or S24 ultra. I hardly ever use the style but if that I may be missing out if I don't get the ultra. Any suggestions?
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Look at the features of both and pick the one that has the features you most want to use.

Cheers
3Fees
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
If you hardly used your spen I would go with the S24+ I went from a 22U to the 24+

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
If you consider trading in your Note 20 Ultra for either unlocked S24+ or S24 Ultra (512GB) on Samsung website, their prices are nearly the same. You could go for the ultra.

If you don't want to trade in your Note20U, S24+ might be a good option (if you don't really care about Spen, 5x zoom and beyond, 200mp, titanium frame, gorilla armor, macro shots that use autofocus ultrawide)